Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 269746#
Full list of phone numbers
Time: 1500 UTC
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: N
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev Y
Announcements and General Business
- Any last minute comments on Board
Presentation of WTP Review? I'll give update/feedback next PMC meeting.
- WTP 3.0.2 Ship Readiness?
- We also discussed a proposal to have an early 3.0.3 maintenance release, and will make formal decision next
week. (Note sent to wtp-dev).
- We also discussed (some) the Dai 2.1 plan. Neil agreed that 2.0.x maintenance would continue for serious
bugs if required. He also agreed the 2.1 plan needs a "ramp down" period added. We also need to come up with a build
component/process that produces a separate zip (and would have different prereqs, at some point). Neil will open bug
- We also discussed the general problem of us hitting "Wednesday deliveries". The Simultaneous Release team
(Planning Council) wants narrow delivery windows but it does mess up our rhythm).
Reports, Actions, Issues
Quality: Neil Hauge
- Neil investigating "close old bugs" policy.
- Neil has estimated approximately 800 bugs (of 2000 untargeted bugs) could be considered "old bugs". He'll
prepare a table and note to send to project with encouragement to PLs to handle ... something like either triage
individually and assign a target, or mark with 'helpwanted' or mark in mass with a kind comment to re-open if still
an issue (with reason for the mass update, etc.).
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
- During meeting Kaloyan complemented David Carver for planning another XSLT UI walkthrough, related to
"common launching". Dave's overall contributions to WTP and Eclipse were noted.
Architecture: Tim deBoer
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Planning Process Document has been started.
Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message
Education: Naci Dai
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci was approached (and countered) with some proposed articles for Eclipse (online) magazine [need link. only
one I found last published in 2007?] Naci will invite authors for a series of articles for "WTP Uncovered":
- web developer tools (xml, xsl, html, css)
- web applications with Java (jsf, jsp, server)
- enterprise application (jpa/ejb)
- soa, webservices
- adopters/extending (maybe)
Naci updated us today: Publisher would like all articles in one issue (for an issued focused on WTP). Online
version would be in English. Print version would be translated to German. They'd like one overview article less than
20,000 words, and 4 shorter, but more focused article on specific areas, each less than 10,000 words
Naci will have some Eductation site/materials ready next week. He'll likely create a new bugzilla component
("Education"? I assume under the main Web Tools "product")
As mentioned last week, we'll publish education materials under Creative Commons -- Attribution Share Alike but still EPL
for sample code, examples and snippets.
Planning: David Williams
- 3.0.2. Ready? Be sure to watch PMC
- ?Pre 1.0 release of ATF component mid October
- JPT 2.1
- 2009, Galileo Release
bugs to watch
Other projects to watch:
- Eclipse World
Raghu and Neil have submitted.
- Eclipse European Summit.
Kaloyan "wtp project"
Naci will attend but (probably) not present.
Neil has submitted for Dali (and Eclipse link)
Cameron and JSF
- EclipseCon 2009. September we'll start recruiting talks.
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.