- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev Y
Announcements and General Business
- Board Presentation of WTP
Review: 17th ... implies sent to Board on 10th ... implies PMC Review on 9th.
Good discussion, mainly in areas of Charter and Board Assistance which I'll incorporate.
Reports, Actions, Issues
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
Architecture: Tim deBoer
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Planning Process Document has been started.
Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere).
Education: Naci Dai
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci was approached (and countered) with some proposed articles for Eclipse (online) magazine [need link. only one I found last published in 2007?] Naci will invite authors for a series of articles for "WTP Uncovered":
- web developer tools (xml, xsl, html, css)
- web applications with Java (jsf, jsp, server)
- enterprise application (jpa/ejb)
- soa, webservices
- adopters/extending (maybe)
Naci updated us today: Publisher would like all articles in one issue (for an issued focused on WTP). Online version would be in English. Print version would be translated to German. They'd like one overview article less than or equal to 20,000 words, and 4 shorter, but more focused article on specific areas, each less than or equal to 10,000 words
Naci will have some Eductation site/materials ready next week. He'll likely create a new bugzilla component ("Education"? I assume under the main Web Tools "product")
As mentioned last week, we'll publish education materials under Creative Commons -- Attribution Share Alike but still EPL for sample code, examples and snippets.
Planning: David Williams
- 3.0.2: Be sure to watch PMC Review Page
- ?Pre 1.0 release of ATF component mid October
- JPT 2.1
- 2009, Galileo Release
Quality: Neil Hauge
- Neil investigating "close old bugs" policy.
- Neil has estimated approximately 800 bugs (of 2000 untargeted bugs) could be considered "old bugs". He'll prepare a table and note to send to project with encouragement to PLs to handle ... something like either triage individually and assign a target, or mark with 'helpwanted' or mark in mass with a kind comment to re-open if still an issue (with reason for the mass update, etc.).
bugs to watch
Other projects to watch:
- Eclipse World
Raghu and Neil have submitted.
- Eclipse European Summit.
Kaloyan "wtp project"
Naci will attend but (probably) not present.
Neil has submitted for Dali (and Eclipse link)
Cameron and JSF
- EclipseCon 2009. September we'll start recruiting talks.
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.