- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: N (regrets)
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: N
- Kaloyan Raev Y
Reports, Actions, Issues
Education: Naci Dai
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Planning: David Williams
- We may need another 2.0.2 patch -- and/or another release!, 2.0.3, to collect these "bad bugs".
- Ganymede RC4 ready today?
- PMC Review
- Appears to be a fairly large number of "blocker" or "critical" bugs.
Let's get started planning for upcoming year ...
- Ganymede Fall maintenance only?. Patches for "off cycle" fixes? Or ....
Sept. Ganymede 3.0.1
Patch Stream for post 3.0.0, pre 3.0.1 ... up to first week of August
- Mid-year release?
JPA 2.0.1 maintenance, on going, as usual
JPA 2.1.0 December, new features
- 2009, Io Release?
Quality: Neil Hauge
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
- Kaloyan still considering to do a walktrhough ... Wednesday? Or week from Wednesday?
- Working on "use cases" document, for novice user. Should be ready for public review and comments in a few weeks.
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- Tim will find out specific "advise to give developers (and auto-test teams)" to implement the WTP API policy (which tools/build reports to use).
- Recommended to restart the protected non-api scans.
- Will not accept new data, for now, but if tooling could be improved to detect/remove additional (non-protected) data, then perhaps it'd be useful to show non-api use going down.
- But, an update: Have discovered that current ones are nearly meaningless, since so much as changed, so
scan's show us as "changing protected API", but it's not protected API any longer.
- Concluded we should still run the scans, as sort of a "unit test" to see if any new, unexpected breakage. Run occasionally, that is, such as every milestone?
- We'll need to tell developers to "make use of as best they can" since it includes lots of noise.
- We may look at easy ways to reduce noise ... such as to "diff" with previous, or some particular reference report.
- It was suggested at some point we may want to put the work back on adopters to sanitize their data, but, that might still require more work on our part to make sure no new usage data was added.
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Requirements Document is done?
We need Draft release plan, in standard format, for next years release by June (See see bug 215301).
Raghu to lead, and propose an alternative or two. Rumor has it that the June deadline was to have a standard format decided, and the "infrastructure" in place to roll them up into a single roadmap document. The "real" plan is expected by September. My understanding was there would be a new note to this effect to "project leads list", but haven't seen it yet.
- Eclipse World:
Raghu and Neil have submitted.
- Eclipse European Summit
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.