Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers
Time: 1500 UTC
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev Y
Announcements and General Business
- Next Tuesday, at 11:00 is "video production meeting" ... ok to skip PMC meeting? Or reschedule?
- e4 Trip Report?
Reports, Actions, Issues
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Requirements Document is done?
We need Draft release plan, in standard format, for next years release by June (See see bug 215301).
Raghu to lead, and propose an alternative or two. Rumor has it that the June deadline was to have a standard format
decided, and the "infrastructure" in place to roll them up into a single roadmap document. The "real" plan is expected
by September. My understanding was there would be a new note to this effect to "project leads list", but haven't seen it
Let's get started planning for upcoming year ...
- Ganymede Fall maintenance only?. Patches for "off cycle" fixes? Or ....
Sept. Ganymede 3.0.1
Patch Stream for post 3.0.0, pre 3.0.1 ... up to first week of August
- Mid-year release?
JPA 2.0.1 maintenance, on going, as usual
JPA 2.1.0 December, new features
- 2009, Io Release?
Education: Naci Dai
Resource Page Proposal
Planning: David Williams
- We may need another 2.0.2 patch -- and/or another release!, 2.0.3, to collect these "bad bugs".
- 201318 [hotbug] EAR Libraries
container fails to initialize for 2.5 web project. Fixed, need to create patch still.
- 230256 hotbug_request] jst.jee
JEEDeployableFactory refuses to load ejb3 module
- Ganymede RC1 ready (Monday). WTP RC2 ready today?
- PMC Review
- Review Materials
- Small updates made (changed name of JBoss product, added checklist of Ganymede TODO items.
Quality: Neil Hauge
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
- Kaloyan still considering to do a walktrhough ... Wednesday? Or week from Wednesday?
- Working on "use cases" document, for novice user. Should be ready for public review and comments in a
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- Tim will find out specific "advise to give developers (and auto-test teams)" to implement the WTP API
policy (which tools/build reports to use).
- Recommended to restart the protected non-api scans.
- Will not accept new data, for now, but if tooling could be improved to detect/remove additional
(non-protected) data, then perhaps it'd be useful to show non-api use going down.
- But, an update: Have discovered that current ones are nearly meaningless, since so much as changed, so
scan's show us as "changing protected API", but it's not protected API any longer.
- Concluded we should still run the scans, as sort of a "unit test" to see if any new, unexpected
breakage. Run occasionally, that is, such as every milestone?
- We'll need to tell developers to "make use of as best they can" since it includes lots of noise.
- We may look at easy ways to reduce noise ... such as to "diff" with previous, or some particular
- It was suggested at some point we may want to put the work back on adopters to sanitize their data,
but, that might still require more work on our part to make sure no new usage data was added.
- Eclipse World:
Raghu and Neil have submitted.
- Eclipse European Summit
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.