Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers
Time: 1500 UTC
Announcements and General Business
Reports, Actions, Issues
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Raghu has requested we discuss Requirements Document to help him
"close it out" and begin next.
Note from meeting: Should create final copy before Release Review. Ask Project Leads to spend 20 minutes
looking if any "completed" items should be mentioned (copied) under themes. If we have empty theme, should we remove? Or
just say "we did no activity in this area".
We need Draft release plan, in standard format, for next years release by June (See see bug 215301).
Raghu to lead, and propose an alternative or two. Rumor has it that the June deadline was to have a standard format
decided, and the "infrastructure" in place to roll them up into a single roadmap document. The "real" plan is expected
by September. My understanding was there would be a new note to this effect to "project leads list", but haven't seen it
Education: Naci Dai
meeting conflict till end of May
** Need status update
- Phase 1, organize what we have, done by end January.
- Phase 2, self guided new materials. some available by EclipseCon.
- phase 3, shutdown .. scenarios
- Orgainizing "current" now, should be ready by EclipseCon.
- Will be organized better for narrowing selection and sorting.
- For now, the "database" will be one XML file, with various attributes/qualities to search and sort on.
Planning: David Williams
- We may need another 2.0.2 patch -- and/or another release!, 2.0.3, to collect these "bad bugs".
- 201318 [hotbug] EAR Libraries
container fails to initialize for 2.5 web project. Fixed, need to create patch still.
- 230256 hotbug_request] jst.jee
JEEDeployableFactory refuses to load ejb3 module
- Ganymede RC1 ready? (today)
- PMC Review
- Beginning Review Materials
- June 4th (materials due by 5/21) -- final PMC review 5/20.
- About files, etc., were sent (late) on 5/15
Quality: Neil Hauge
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
- Kaloyan still considering to do a walktrhough in a few weeks.
- Working on "use cases" document, for novice user. Should be ready for public review and comments in a
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- Tim will find out specific "advise to give developers (and auto-test teams)" to implement the WTP API
policy (which tools/build reports to use).
- Recommended to restart the protected non-api scans.
- Will not accept new data, for now, but if tooling could be improved to detect/remove additional
(non-protected) data, then perhaps it'd be useful to show non-api use going down.
- But, an update: Have discovered that current ones are nearly meaningless, since so much as changed, so
scan's show us as "changing protected API", but it's not protected API any longer.
- Concluded we should still run the scans, as sort of a "unit test" to see if any new, unexpected
breakage. Run occasionally, that is, such as every milestone?
- We'll need to tell developers to "make use of as best they can" since it includes lots of noise.
- We may look at easy ways to reduce noise ... such as to "diff" with previous, or some particular
- It was suggested at some point we may want to put the work back on adopters to sanitize their data,
but, that might still require more work on our part to make sure no new usage data was added.
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.