I was 10 minutes late, greatest apologies, so effectivley had no meeting, though did have brief chat with Tim, and will follow up with emails where needed.
Reports, Actions, Issues
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- * Tim will draft and send inner-api policy soon.
Done. Please review new section WTP_API_Policy
- * Tim will find out specific "advise to give developers (and auto-test teams)" to implement the WTP API policy (which tools/build reports to use).
- * Tim to implement "Java Doc Builds" for server tools, and make recommendations to other projects on how to implement.
- Recommended to restart the protected non-api scans.
- Will not accept new data, for now, but if tooling could be improved to detect/remove additional (non-protected) data, then perhaps it'd be useful to show non-api use going down.
- ** But, an update: Have discovered that current ones are nearly meaningless, since so much as changed, so scan's show us as "changing protected API", but it's not protected API any longer.
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
- Draft release plan for the next release by June?
- ** An Update on "standard plan format by June" ...
Rumor has it that the June deadline was to have a standard format decided, and the "infrastructure" in place to roll them up into a single roadmap document. The "real" plan is expected by September. My understanding was there would be a new note to this effect to "project leads list", but haven't seen it yet. But, suggest we ... Raghu? ... sort through the standard project plan format to see what we can/should do. I think the only question is if we want to have one WTP plan, and then produce the standard format from that (which would be my first thought) or literally have just one plan that happens to satisfy both needs.
Education: Naci Dai (meeting conflict till May)
** Need stauts update
- Phase 1, orgainize what we have, done by end January.
- Phase 2, self guided new materials. some available by EclipseCon.
- phase 3, shutdown .. scenerios
- Orgainizing "current" now, should be ready by EclipseCon.
- Will be organized better for narrowing selection and sorting.
- For now, the "database" will be one XML file, with various attributes/qualities to search and sort on.
Planning: David Williams
- We may need another 2.0.2 patch -- need to get developers to respond to JBoss use-case problems. (And, I've asked Naci to get involved.)
- Beginning Review Materials
- IP Logs: third party code, list of committers, contributors
- Who's to do API statements, deprecated statemetns?
Quality: Neil Hauge
- We will no longer have "old bug" focus items in status meetings, as we end this release, but will restart after the June release.
- Will now focus on "rampdown quality" in status meetings.
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
- Review "Role Document"
- Working on "use cases" document, for novice user. Should be ready for public review and comments in a few weeks.
- Will be attending the UA Walkthrough meetings, and may propose a WTP one in future (perhaps on facets UI).
- Two PMC approvals waiting ... Kiril Mitov, Dimitar Giormov, each for both ejbtools, jeetools
Done. Approved (via emails and IM)
- * WTP Policy on "Committer Emeritus"?
- Other projects to watch
- Potential resource issues?
- Product plugin for EPP and welcome screen
- Refactoring Doc features (and moving to appropriate sub-projects).
- Refactoring SDK (source and JavaDoc) features/bundles (and moving to appropriate sub-projects)
- Platform/OS coverage for testing and support? -- probably suffices to simply record coverage. Perhaps ask for community help.
- Performance Tests -- Kayolan making some progress.
- Needs some JSF features, at least for build
- No obvious resouce solutions.
- Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
- David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
- Naci (changed from David): post instructions and reminders for our "community resources" and presentations page, especially, even, for eclipseCon 2007, and Eclipse Summit
- Bob Frasher, all: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331
- David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring Proposal
- David: update our "planning" documents with dates for both Ganymede and Winter maintenance.
- David: Resolved WTP Policy on Package Visibility
- * Eclipse World deadline has passed (though they sometimes accept late submissions). Who has submitted?
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.