WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for March 4, 2008 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for March 4, 2008 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Alternate: 770-615-1247
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers

Call Time: 1500 UTC

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: N (regrets)
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y

Reports, Actions, Issues

Education: Naci Dai

  • No progress to report (Naci sent regrets). Will re-visit next week.
Previous Notes:
  • Phase 1, orgainize what we have, done by end January.
  • Phase 2, self guided new materials. some available by EclipseCon.
  • phase 3, shutdown .. scenerios

Reference

Planning: David Williams

  • We need a 2.0.2 patch. (and put on update site)
  • Schedule? this week? Or else will interfere with EclipseCon?
  • As agreed, dw has updated patch process document
Notes:
Agreed this week best, to fix before EclipseCon.

Reference

Quality: Neil Hauge

  • Good Progress on focus items. (Remember to include these activities in release review.)

Reference:

ATF

  • ?

Architecture: Tim deBoer

  • ?

Reference

Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan

  • Note: as agreed, dw did update ramp down plan, to make sure clear.
  • Time to start Io Version?
Notes:
We may need a mid-year release.

Reference

General business?

  • Committers in the works: Several in ATF project (see Portal): Giuliano Mega, Laurends Vandeput
    Notes:
    All agreed.
  • Requirement Project: http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/ormf/
    Notes:
    Raghu to respond this week.
  • Face-to-face meeting. Sunday will be bad (most getting in too late on Sunday). Need to find some other time. Need to create an agenda.
    Notes:
    Tenatively suggested Monday evening, after awards ceremony.
  • Discussed version increment for next year (Io). Decided "3.1", unless there is major additions or something breaking. [Added after the meeting, should we consider "3.5"? (to match the platform?)
    Notes:
    No one liked "3.5" idea.
  • Potential resource issues?
    • Product plugin for EPP and welcome screen
    • Refactoring Doc features (and moving to appropriate sub-projects).
    • Refactoring SDK (source and JavaDoc) features/bundles (and moving to appropriate sub-projects)
    • Platform/OS coverage for testing and support? -- probably suffices to simply record coverage. Perhaps ask for community help.
    • Performance Tests -- Kayolan making some progress.
    Notes:
    • No obvious resouce solutions.
    • Needs some JSF features, at least for build

Action Items

To Do

  1. David: Will call for Project Lead vote on WTP Policy on Package Visibility
  2. Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
  3. David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
  4. David: post instructions and reminders for our "community resources" and presentations page, especially, even, for eclipseCon 2007, and Eclipse Summit

Done

  1. Bob Frasher, all: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331
  2. David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring Proposal
  3. David: update our "planning" documents with dates for both Ganymede and Winter maintenance.

PMC Calendar

  • Tentatively plan f2f Sunday before EclipseCon

Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.