WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for January 29, 2008 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for January 29, 2008 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Alternate: 770-615-1247
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers

Call Time: 1500 UTC

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: Y
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: N (regrets)

Invited Guests

  • Bob Goodman (ATF): Y

Reports, Actions, Issues

Planning: David Williams

Notes:
Added
  • make sure projects understand "must do" items and have some means of compliance checking.
  • monitor and coordinate cross-project mailing list
  • monitor and coordinate cross-project bugzilla component
  • monitor dependencies and decide/recommend when to move to new versions.

Community Relations: David Williams

  • Real time review: WTP Community Releations Lead
  • EclipseCon 2008
    • The one on wait list (AJAX in Jazz) was accepted due to cancellations (in other areas).
    • Tutorials accepted 9, declined 1, 0 on wait list
    • Long talks: accepted 7, declined 5, 0 on wait list
    • Short talks: accepted 10, delinced 0, 0 on wait list
    Notes:
    Agreed to not call out "Community Relations" as seperate from PMC Lead.

Quality: Neil Hauge

Reference:

Architecture: Tim deBoer

Proposed WTP API Policy

  • Discuss Architecture Group's Proposed WTP API Policy
    Notes:
    We've previously discussed the desire to discourage new Provisional APIs, and the desire to have PMC reveiw of those components that want to have new provisional API.
    Q: What's next? Ans: Tim working with Arch. Team to revise in a way acceptable to all.

Reference

Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan

Reference

Education: Naci Dai

  • WTP Education Lead
    Previous Notes:
    • Phase 1, orgainize what we have, done by end January.
    • Phase 2, self guided new materials. some available by EclipseCon.
    • phase 3, shutdown .. scenerios

ATF Status

  • Continuation Review scheduled for 2/13, 11:00AM EDT

Other business?

  • Our incubation project

Action Items

To Do

  1. David: Will call for Project Lead vote on WTP Policy on Package Visibility
  2. David: update 3.0 milestone plans with focus items.
  3. Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
  4. David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
  5. David: post instructions and reminders for our "community resources" and presentations page, especially, even, for eclipseCon 2007, and Eclipse Summit

Done

  1. Bob, all: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331
  2. David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring Proposal
  3. David: update our "planning" documents with dates for both Ganymede and Winter maintenance.

PMC Calendar

  • Tentatively plan f2f Sunday before EclipseCon

Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.