Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers
Time: 1500 UTC
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: N
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: N
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
Planning Council Report
- Official Minutes
- We will own, at least, the "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" distribution and remove our "WTP all in
ones". The goal is to do more cross-project testing and promotion.
- Ganymede dates "compressed" to allow for 3 levels of dependancies. The expectation was to try to get to
where all builds done quick, and then do smoke or final testing. (I could not convince the room what a bad idea this
was, for some reason). We are still +2 which is now approximately 1 week. The package distributions will be built
immediately and everyone is to encourage testing with those packages, instead of just our own.
- Action item: update our "planning" documents with dates for Ganymede and Winter maintenance
Tim asked "what are +3 projects?" I recalled, I think GMF, SOA Toosl, but sent not to planning council to confirm
and get complete list
EclipseWorld Trip Report
- Good conference. Reston was nice trip! Will be there next year too.
- Small: approximately 400 people. Definitly was more for "end users" than EclispeCon.
- Approximately 50 people per class. Naci bragged he had even more, many had to stand up :)
- Action item: we need to maintain our "presenations downloads" page!
- EclipseWorld 2007, NOV. 6-8, RESTON, VA.
WTP Presentations (See the complete program for closely related presentations):
- David Williams: How to Create Web Applications With Eclipse (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 9:15 am - 10:30 am)
- Naci Dai: Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 1 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 10:00 am - 11:15 am)
Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 2 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 11:30 am - 12:45 pm)
- Raghu Srinivasan: Building Great JavaServer Faces Applications With Eclipse Tools (Thursday, Nov. 8,
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm)
- Neil Hauge: Using the Java Persistence Applications With Eclipse JPA and Dali (Thursday, Nov. 8, 4:00
pm - 5:15 pm)
Everyone agreed it's important to maintain our "community resources" and presentations page. Action
item: David to post instructions and reminders, especially, even, for eclipseCon and Eclipse Summit.
- Soliciting proposals. Due this Friday, 19th!
Neil asked about "extending JPA", so resent the table being used for planning.
check other categories now for potential webtools submissions
Reports and Actions from our PMC Roles
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Education: Naci Dai
Planning: David Williams
- Ready for M3? (Everyone thought "yes")
Community Relations: David Williams
Quality: Neil Hauge
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- Planning meeting today! ... to help drive contributions/committers
- Be aware of new proposal: The Eclipse Integration for Apache Maven (IAM) Project
Send reminder note about CVS restructuring
- David: Will call for Project Lead vote on WTP Policy on Package Visibility
- David: update 3.0 milestone plans with focus items.
- Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
- David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
- WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own
pages. See bug 201331
Closed Action Items
- David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring
In progress, but moving to "closed" since no further "management" attention required.
- OS Summit Asia - November 26-30
- WTP 3.0 - June 30, 2008
0 Milestones +2 Milestones
M1 - August 10, 2007 August 24, 2007
M2 - September 21, 2007 October 5, 2007
M3 - November 2, 2007 November 16, 2007
M4 - December 14, 2007 January 8, 2008
M5 - February 8, 2008 February 22, 2008
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.