Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Access code: 3500048#
Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT
- David Williams: Y
- Jess Garms: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Bob Goodman (ATF): Y
Reports and Actions from our Focus Areas (Roles)
Community Relations: Jess Garms
- Upcoming events: Members meeting and Eclipse Summit - Pieter to give WTP demos at Members meeting
Quality: Neil Hauge
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- First meeting last Friday, next at 1 pm Eastern Monday September 24th
- TODO: wiki page
Education: Naci Dai
- EclipseWorld presentations to be published on the website: course notes, exercises and demos.
Planning: David Williams
- Close to ready, but still getting critical bugs
- RC1 will require 1 PMC vote, RC2 will require 2
- Project leads will be required to review and approve all changes. All approved.
- M2 October 5
- XUL Runner. New milestone with all-in-ones
- Next week is AjaxWorld
- Visibility discussion on wtp-dev.
Consensus not reached; discussion continued.
- Naci: Must be pro-active about declaring API, and must response quickly to API requests
- Raghu: Should we adopt the platform's model?
- Neil: We need to move away from supporting internal code as if it were API
- David to provide new draft by next week's PMC call
- Bugzilla entry for WTP Incubation Project
- Releng support after John's departure. John will enter bugzillas with help-wanted tags.
- David: new draft of visibility document
- David: update 3.0 milestone plans
- Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
- David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
- Jess: Propose bug-finding day.
- David: Reorg CVS? See bug 198541. It would appear now easier to refactor some cvs directories for easier unix admin ... would NOT change package names, etc. But would change map files. Everyone would have to re-checkout those projects.
- Bob and Jess: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Bob will do basics, but Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331
Closed Action Items
- WTP 2.0.1 - September 28th
- Eclipse Members Meeting in Chicago, Sep 19-21
Pieter Humprey is going
- Eclipse Summit 2007 - October 9-11, 2007
- EclipseWorld 2007, NOV. 6-8, RESTON, VA.
WTP Presentations (See the complete program for closely related presentations):
- David Williams: How to Create Web Applications With Eclipse (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 9:15 am - 10:30 am)
- Naci Dai: Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 1 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 10:00 am - 11:15 am)
Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 2 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 11:30 am - 12:45 pm)
- Raghu Srinivasan: Building Great JavaServer Faces Applications With Eclipse Tools (Thursday, Nov. 8, 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm)
- Neil Hauge: Using the Java Persistence Applications With Eclipse JPA and Dali (Thursday, Nov. 8, 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm)
- OS Summit Asia - November 26-30
- WTP 3.0 - June 30, 2008
0 Milestones +2 Milestones M1 - August 10, 2007 August 24, 2007 M2 - September 21, 2007 October 5, 2007 M3 - November 2, 2007 November 16, 2007 M4 - December 14, 2007 January 8, 2008 M5 - February 8, 2008 February 22, 2008
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams