WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for September 04, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for September 04, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Jess Garms: N
  • Naci Dai: N
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: N

Invited Guests

  • Bob Goodman (ATF): Y
  • Peiter Humphrey (Community): Y

Reports and Actions from our Focus Areas (Roles)

Community Relations: Jess Garms

Discussed Pieter going to Members Meeting

Quality: Neil Hauge

Observation that fix rate is relatively flat, while new bugs continues to increases.

Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan

What's there now is first draft.

Clean-up/improve by next milestone.

  • buzilla feature enhancements
  • empty themes
  • add releng section
  • end date: 1 week past M2

Architecture: Tim deBoer

Education: Naci Dai

Planning: David Williams

  • 2.0.1
    • RC1 will require 1 PMC vote, RC2 will require 2
  • 3.0
    • M2 October 5

ATF Status

  • triage
  • weekly build
  • active dev lists

Other business

  • Eclipse Membership on two JCP groups ( JSR-220 and JSR-314)

    IP board meeting Wednesday, PMC leads and Oracle contributors invited.

    Meeting was held as scheduled, but we're waiting on a public response from the EMO (IP Committee).

Action Items

  • David: update 3.0 milestone plans
  • Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
  • David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
  • Jess: Propose bug-finding day on the Friday after 3.0M1.
  • David: Reorg CVS? See bug 198541. It would appear now easier to refactor some cvs directories for easier unix admin ... would NOT change package names, etc. But would change map files. Everyone would have to re-checkout those projects.
  • Bob and Jess: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Bob will do basics, but Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331

Closed Action Items

  • David: write up branching plan by 3.0M1.
  • Raghu: notify wtp-dev and newsgroup about Requirements
  • Neil: notify Dali newsgroup about Requirements
  • David: publish WTP Refactoring doc

PMC Calendar

  • WTP 1.5.5 - August 31 GA - released
  • WTP 2.0.1 - September 28th
  • Eclipse Members Meeting in Chicago, Sep 19-21
    Pieter Humprey is going
  • Eclipse Summit 2007 - October 9-11, 2007
    Proposals for talks by July 16, 2007
  • EclipseWorld 2007, NOV. 6-8, RESTON, VA.
    WTP Presentations (See the complete program for closely related presentations):
    • David Williams: How to Create Web Applications With Eclipse (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 9:15 am - 10:30 am)
    • Naci Dai: Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 1 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 10:00 am - 11:15 am)
      Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 2 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 11:30 am - 12:45 pm)
    • Raghu Srinivasan: Building Great JavaServer Faces Applications With Eclipse Tools (Thursday, Nov. 8, 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm)
    • Shaun Smith: Using the Java Persistence Applications With Eclipse JPA and Dali (Thursday, Nov. 8, 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm)
  • OS Summit Asia - November 26-30
  • WTP 3.0 - June 30, 2008
    
                    0 Milestones                    +2 Milestones
    
         M1 - August 10, 2007               August 24, 2007
         M2 - September 21, 2007            October 5, 2007
         M3 - November 2, 2007              November 16, 2007
         M4 - December 14, 2007             January 8, 2008
         M5 - February 8, 2008              February 22, 2008
    
    		

Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams