Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Access code: 3500048#
Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT
- David Williams: Y
- Jess Garms: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: N
- Bob Goodman (ATF): N
- Philippe Ombredanne (ATF, in Bob's stead): Y
- Recruiting - Jess has reached out to other companies and received an initial positive response.
- ATF Openness topic from mailing list?
See the original post, and its
Raghu to put together a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects.
- JSF libraries and the WTP charter. Need
All agreed that a charter change is unnecessary. Interpretation of the charter is as follows: We cannot
develop tools for just one runtime, and a specific runtime cannot be required. The runtime needs to be swappable.
This holds for the JSF case, as Apache MyFaces will also work.
- Refactoring WTP
- Should Releng be under Common? All agreed that it should be separate.
- All agreed we are ready for public review, later today.
- Eclipse Membership on two JCP groups ( JSR-220 and JSR-314)
On hold till 8/13. This item should stay on the agenda until it is resolved.
- Bug backlog: not too much progress yet, but it is getting publicized. Neil to have more info next week.
0 Milestones +2 Milestones
M1 - August 10, 2007 August 24, 2007
M2 - September 21, 2007 October 5, 2007
M3 - November 2, 2007 November 16, 2007
M4 - December 14, 2007 ?
M5 - February 8, 2008 ?
- Ready for next steps of requirements
process? All agreed. One outstanding item: ATF needs its requirements incorporated.
- Raghu to email wtp-dev and newsgroup with Requirements info. Neil to post to the Dali newsgroup
- Raghu to schedule review for 8/14
- XUL Runner API being proposed for publishing outside ATF
- Having difficulty with the WTP cross-project build. Seems overly complicated.
- Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
- Raghu: notify wtp-dev and newsgroup about Requirements
- Neil: notify Dali newsgroup about Requirements
- David: publish WTP Refactoring doc
- David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
- David: write up branching plan by 3.0M1.
- Jess: Propose bug-finding day on the Friday after 3.0M1.
Closed Action Items
- Naci: attempt to arrange a "new committers" meeting for Eclipse Summit Europe
- Jess: update 2.x wiki with 2.0.x info, merging the two
- Raghu: email PMC with wording for "proposed" vs "committed" wrt requirements
- 8/15/2007, 10 AM Eastern. Eclipse Review of Refactoring
- EclipseWorld 2007, NOV. 6-8, RESTON, VA.
WTP Presentations (See the complete program for closely related presentations):
- David Williams: How to Create Web Applications With Eclipse (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 9:15 am - 10:30 am)
- Naci Dai: Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 1 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 10:00 am - 11:15 am)
Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 2 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 11:30 am - 12:45 pm)
- Raghu Srinivasan: Building Great JavaServer Faces Applications With Eclipse Tools (Thursday, Nov. 8,
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm)
- Shaun Smith: Using the Java Persistence Applications With Eclipse JPA and Dali (Thursday, Nov. 8, 4:00
pm - 5:15 pm)
- Eclipse Summit 2007 - October 9-11, 2007
Proposals for talks by July 16, 2007
- OS Summit Asia - November 26-30
- WTP 1.5.5 - August 10 RC1, August 31 GA
- WTP 2.0.1 - September 28th
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams