WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for August 7, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for August 7, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Jess Garms: Y
  • Naci Dai: Y
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: N

Invited Guests

  • Bob Goodman (ATF): N
  • Philippe Ombredanne (ATF, in Bob's stead): Y

Community

  • Recruiting - Jess has reached out to other companies and received an initial positive response.

Process

  • ATF Openness topic from mailing list?

    See the original post, and its follow-up replies.

    Raghu to put together a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects.

  • JSF libraries and the WTP charter. Need clarification.

    All agreed that a charter change is unnecessary. Interpretation of the charter is as follows: We cannot develop tools for just one runtime, and a specific runtime cannot be required. The runtime needs to be swappable. This holds for the JSF case, as Apache MyFaces will also work.

  • Refactoring WTP
    • Latest draft
    • Should Releng be under Common? All agreed that it should be separate.
    • All agreed we are ready for public review, later today.
  • Eclipse Membership on two JCP groups ( JSR-220 and JSR-314)

    On hold till 8/13. This item should stay on the agenda until it is resolved.

Quality

  • Bug backlog: not too much progress yet, but it is getting publicized. Neil to have more info next week.

Release Progress

  • 3.0
    • 
                      0 Milestones                    +2 Milestones
      
           M1 - August 10, 2007               August 24, 2007
           M2 - September 21, 2007            October 5, 2007
           M3 - November 2, 2007              November 16, 2007
           M4 - December 14, 2007             ?
           M5 - February 8, 2008              ?
      		
      		
    • Ready for next steps of requirements process? All agreed. One outstanding item: ATF needs its requirements incorporated.
    • Raghu to email wtp-dev and newsgroup with Requirements info. Neil to post to the Dali newsgroup
    • Raghu to schedule review for 8/14
  • 2.0.1
  • 1.5.5

ATF Status

  • XUL Runner API being proposed for publishing outside ATF
  • Having difficulty with the WTP cross-project build. Seems overly complicated.

Action Items

  • Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
  • Raghu: notify wtp-dev and newsgroup about Requirements
  • Neil: notify Dali newsgroup about Requirements
  • David: publish WTP Refactoring doc
  • David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
  • David: write up branching plan by 3.0M1.
  • Jess: Propose bug-finding day on the Friday after 3.0M1.

Closed Action Items

  • Naci: attempt to arrange a "new committers" meeting for Eclipse Summit Europe
  • Jess: update 2.x wiki with 2.0.x info, merging the two
  • Raghu: email PMC with wording for "proposed" vs "committed" wrt requirements

PMC Calendar

  • 8/15/2007, 10 AM Eastern. Eclipse Review of Refactoring Proposal.
  • EclipseWorld 2007, NOV. 6-8, RESTON, VA.
    WTP Presentations (See the complete program for closely related presentations):
    • David Williams: How to Create Web Applications With Eclipse (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 9:15 am - 10:30 am)
    • Naci Dai: Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 1 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 10:00 am - 11:15 am)
      Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 2 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 11:30 am - 12:45 pm)
    • Raghu Srinivasan: Building Great JavaServer Faces Applications With Eclipse Tools (Thursday, Nov. 8, 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm)
    • Shaun Smith: Using the Java Persistence Applications With Eclipse JPA and Dali (Thursday, Nov. 8, 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm)
  • Eclipse Summit 2007 - October 9-11, 2007
    Proposals for talks by July 16, 2007
  • OS Summit Asia - November 26-30
  • WTP 1.5.5 - August 10 RC1, August 31 GA
  • WTP 2.0.1 - September 28th

Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams