WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 10, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 10, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Jess Garms: Y
  • Naci Dai: Y
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y

Invited Guests

  • Bob Goodman (ATF): Y

Community

  • JavaOne
    • Raghu and Pieter will both be attending

Process

  • Requirements: WTP 2.0 plan
    • Compatibility section: still true
    • Raghu to add link to test plan and email to component leads on Wednesday
    • David: should also add policy about adopter scans
    • Naci to update EE5 support section, add info on use-cases
    • David: 2.0 plan should specify what is in the 2.0 release, and help us plan for 3.0
  • Expert Group
    • Neil has posted a wiki page on the topic.
    • This is preliminary. PMC members to review and add comments to the discussion page.
    • Neil to send to Bjorn for comments
    • Paul Fulbright first tentative representative to go through this process for the JPA expert group in the JCP.
  • Possible namespace collision between Dali and the new EclipseLink project
    • Current package structure: org.eclipse.jpa. Should this instead be org.eclipse.jpt (for Java Persistence Tooling)?
    • Neil to open a bugzilla entry and communicate with adopters.

Quality

Release Progress

ATF Status

  • Milestone out last week with MacOS support.
  • Installer created.
  • Next: migrate to Eclipse 3.3.

Action Items

  • Naci to update EE5 section of the 2.0 plan.
  • Raghu to email component leads with 2.0 plan.
  • Neil to send Expert Group proposal to Bjorn.
  • PMC members to review and comment on Expert Group proposal.
  • Neil and Raghu to open bugzilla bugs and gather comments on possible namespace changes.

Closed Action Items

  • Tim deBoer to post to Ludo's blog. Done.
  • Jess to email Janet re: legal/IP implications of server adapter change. Done. No changes required in WTP.
  • Neil to edit the standards body draft. Done.
  • All PMC members to review Raghu's 2.0 requirements draft. Done.
  • Jess to email wtp-dev mailing list re: ownership of common component (missed last week). Done.

PMC Calendar


Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams