WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 3, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 3, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Jess Garms: Y
  • Naci Dai: Y
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y
  • Arthur Ryman: Y

Invited Guests

  • Bob Goodman (ATF): Y

Community

  • Arthur Ryman's farewell

  • Glassfish blog by Ludovic Champenois (Ludo)
    • Tim to email Ludo a link giving WTP's JEE5 support for 2.0.
    • Other PMC members with any additional info should send it to Tim.

  • BEA's WebLogic server adapter
    • To be hosted on an external site, but freely available and redistributable
    • Jess to email Janet re: any legal/IP implications of removing WTP's current adapter
    • Unresolved: How do we communicate that in general this is a good thing? We're moving towards greater support for servers, and getting companies to write that support.

Process

  • Draft process for Eclipse nomination to standards body
    • Some additional edits, including: Only existing committers should be eligible to be representatives.
    • Is the EMO step necessary? Once Neil finishes another draft, we'll send on to the EMO for comments.
  • Scenarios
    • Naci: in better shape than we thought. Should be able to finish the existing ones.
    • May be able to add additional scenario with JPA and JSF
    • Import/Export scenarios have issues; not clear if they will be required for 2.0
  • Requirements
    • Raghu sent out an email to the PMC. All to review by this Thursday, send comments to Raghu.

Quality

  • Quality wiki
  • Neil investigated other projects' bug trends. All other projects that were active seemed to have the same trend: more new bugs as time goes on.

Release Progress

  • 2.0
    • We should amend rampdown process and define exception process to be "feature complete by M6"

      Proposal: Let's create "list of known exceptions" by M6 release (4/6), and send to cross-project (or planning?) list. And let's state explicitly that others after this time (if required) will be handled by PMC approval process in bugzilla. The purpose of this increased review is not to limit committers efforts or creativity, but instead for stability and to keep everyone well informed (both inside and outside the project).

    • All agreed.
    • David to send list to wtp-dev and the cross-project mailing list
  • 1.5.4

ATF Status

  • Getting ready for a milestone this week.
  • Switching to use Update Manager, though this is difficult with Mozilla's XUL Runner.

Action Items

  • Jess to email Janet re: legal/IP implications of server adapter change
  • Neil to edit the standards body draft.
  • All PMC members to review Raghu's 2.0 requirements draft.
  • Jess to email wtp-dev mailing list re: ownership of common component (missed last week)

PMC Calendar


Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams