WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for March 27, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for March 27, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Jess Garms: Y
  • Naci Dai: Y
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y
  • Arthur Ryman: N

Invited Guests

  • Bob Goodman (ATF)

Community

  • WTP and Maven integration. Bug 128851.
    • A PMC-defined representative (Pieter) should be monitoring forum discussions and seek out areas where the PMC should investigate and/or get involved.
    • Jess to investigate the m2eclipse-user mailing list and see if the PMC should get involved in this particular case.
    • David: Need to be careful with our involvement. The PMC is not the technical leaders of WTP.

Process

  • WTP JEE5 Test Scenarios.
    Should a failure in one of these scenarios be considered a blocker for 2.0 release?
    • No, not a blocker. But if we cannot pass these scenarios, we need to redefine WTP's support of EE5.
    • Naci to discuss with component leads as to the size of the work required to support these scenarios and whether or not they can be delivered for 2.0.

  • Common component ownership
    • BEA to take ownership, with Konstantin as lead. Jess will email wtp-dev with news.

  • When do we branch for WTP 3.0?
    • After 2.0 ships. Up to component leads as to exact timing.

    Quality

    Release Progress

    • 2.0
    • 1.5.4

    Action Items

    • Jess to read up on the m2eclipse-user mailing list and determine if the PMC should contribute to that discussion.
    • Naci to discuss with component leads as to the size of the work required to support the EE5 scenarios and whether or not they can be delivered for 2.0.
    • Neil to put together a plan for JCP involvement, and email it to the PMC, Bjorn and Janet.
    • Raghu to email components leads and update 2.0 requirements page.

    PMC Calendar


    Back to meeting list.

    Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams