Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Access code: 3500048#
Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT
- David Williams: Y
- Jess Garms: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Arthur Ryman: N
- EclipseLink Project: http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipselink/.
Neil gave an overview:
- New incubating top-level project
- Persistence platform based on OSGi
- Infrastructure only, no tooling plan yet
- Expect JAXB tooling in WTP in the future
- Relationship to DTP not clear yet
Jess: WTP has historically been runtime-agnostic. We'll have to keep our eye on this and discuss further.
- JSF project would like to use Java 5. One reason is that it is the best opportunity to move to the latest
version since this is our first release and we don't have any backward compatibility / adopter breakage issues.
- All approved
- 1.5.4 PMC review: Do we need more specific description of what constitutes stop-ship in 1.5.4? Please
review the following request for 1.5.4, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=172339
- David: Critical, unusual but necessary bug fix. Will have adopted mark it as a hot bug
- Raghu: Seems like features are going into the 1.5 line. Should we change the workding re: what constitutes a stop-ship bug in 1.5.4?
- David: We could, but there will always be some exceptions. Let's continue to discuss these as they come up.
- Neil has put up a wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Quality. We'll discuss in next meeting.
- David: We need a concise answer to, "How do we ensure WTP's quality?"
- JUnit tests are running again
- Should we combine WTP, JSF and JPA? Yes for now. May need a future packaging of JPA for non-web-apps
- David: M6 for all-in-one
- First week for tested I-Builds
- PMC members to review Quality wiki from Neil.
- Neil to put together a plan for JCP involvement, and email it to the PMC, Bjorn and Janet.
- Jess to email Rich Gronback with EclipseCon feedback and questions about a post-mortem.
- Raghu to email components leads and update 2.0 requirements page.
- David to email wtp-dev list with latest PMC changes.
- WTP 2.0 M6: 4/6 (3/23 + 2) See Europa Release Plan
- Submission Deadline: April 13, 2007 for EclipseWorld 2007, NOV. 6-8, RESTON, VA
- 1.5.4 release: May 4, 2007 See 1.5.4 Release Plan
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams