WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 27, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 27, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 7am PST / 10am EST

Attendees

PMC Members

  • Tim Wagner: Y
  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: N
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Arthur Ryman: N

Invited Guests

  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y
  • Jess Garms: Y
  • Bob Goodman: Y

Community

  • Ready for EclipseCon? Is internet access issue settled?
    • Raghu found that internet access is available for a $500 fee.
    • David to email Rich and Bjorn with the issue and recommend that they communicate this information to other presenters.

Process

  • Remember Dali and JSF Graduation reviews on Wednesday.
    • David: Remember that reviews are for meeting Eclipse guidelines, not for feature review.
  • Remember no PMC phone meeting next week due to EclipseCon.
    • There will be an informal breakfast or the like at EclipseCon, day TBD.
  • Can we proactively agree to accepting 15022010 as web site committer (assuming no negative votes by the 7 day deadline on Friday)? May not be much progress on it until after EclipseCon, but I can at least begin the process.
    • All approved.
  • PMC Calls
    • Next week, March 6th, cancelled due to EclipseCon.
    • Future meetings will be moved one hour later, allowing those of us on the west coast of the U.S. to sleep to a more reasonable hour.
  • JCP item
    • Neil brought up JCP participation.
    • Summary: we should participate. The JSR could use a tooling rep, especially from the open source world.
    • Question: How to handle? Neil's recommendation: like a new committer. Neil to write up a process proposal and email to the PMC. Also include Janet and/or Bjorn.
    • Question: Should this require project-wide approval, or just from a sub-area. General consensus: this is specialized enough to only require approval from JPA members.

Release progress

  • M5

    It did have one pretty huge error, where a plugin was not compiling. I think Chuck is still evaluating if a respin is required, or, if the JEE 5 stuff is at an early enough point that a "patch" satisfies current developers (with basically no end-users yet).

    Update: Chuck says no need for a new M5, the next I-Build will be fine.

    David: The error going unnoticed will not take place in future builds.

  • 1.5.4 Release

    Is Tim's proposal agreeable to all? If so, we should post for committer/community review to wtp-dev and update project info file.

    All present agreed. Tim to post proposal to wtp-dev for community review.

    Jess to update project-info.xml with new release.

    David has created Bugzilla targets for 1.5.4.

Dali

  • Getting ready for graduation review.
  • Working towards M6.
  • No feedback from community about package names.

JSF

  • Preparing for EclipseCon.
  • Working towards M6.

ATF

  • Preparing for EclipseCon.
  • Going to declare a milestone soon. Optimistically hoping for two weeks, but schedule is tight.
  • Eclipse 3.3 preparation.
  • Bob and Phil going to Ajax World.

Action Items

  • Neil to contact developer community about dependencies to gauge impact of a package name change. Done.
  • Jess to schedule BOF at EclipseCon on usability. Done.
  • Tim deBoer to send email to community about 1.5.4 plan. Done.
  • Neil to email PMC and Bjorn/Janet about JCP rep plan.

PMC Calendar

  • 2/28 Graduation Review
  • 3/5 EclipseCon 2007

Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams or Jess Garms