Tollfree in the US: 866-214-3176
Access code: 8870689#
Call Time: 7am PDT / 10am PDT
- Tim Wagner: Y
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Jochen Krause: Y
- Arthur Ryman: Y
- Pieter Humphrey: Y
- Neil Hauge (JPA/Dali): Y
- Bob Goodman (ATF): Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- AI: Tim and Pieter: Work on adopter/contributor list. Update: Tim working with IP sub-committee and EMO
this week to get update on approval status.
- Phoenix conversion: Nathan Gervais helping 15022010 work on converting home page.
- EclipseCon: all panel and long talks accepted; reminder that short talks and demos are due 1/15. Also add
to WTP and general news lists.
- Tim Wagner and Jochen Krause will be stepping down from the PMC. Jochen will be transitioning immediately,
and Tim will be phasing out his involvement between now and EclipseCon.
- The PMC invited BEA to ask Jess Garms to join the calls for now as a representative to represent that
member company's contributions to, and adoption of, WTP.
- Arthur Ryman has appointed Tim deBoer as a proxy for his WTP representation when he will be unable to make
- Items from David Williams:
- RDB in WTP 1.5.3 stream Some adopters (which happen to be from IBM) have requested the RDB
components in our 1.5.3 stream be provided in a separate zip. This would not be much extra work for us (I would
tweak the build to provide this). I propose we do this and simply make the zip available on the download site
(but not on the download page, since it is not needed widely, and is simply a tactical, transitioning need). If
PMC does not object, I will announce this plan on wtp-dev, in order to be open and transparent, but not
otherwise advertise it, so as to not cause any confusion.
- JEM transfer (move) from VE/Tools PMC to JST/WTP PMC We've discussed this issue as we moved up
to M4, but wanted to get a formal vote on the record that WTP PMC agrees with taking over JEM. I've discussed
with other relevant parties, and they are in agreement, so, once I get official WTP agreement, I'll contact EMO
and set up a "move review".
in anticipation of the interest. The hope is, of course, that others will be interested in joining the effort.
- DocBook Editor We have had a proposal to add a DocBook editor to WST (see Bugzilla entry). These seems to me to
be well within WST's charter, as the Eclipse home of XML and since DocBook is an OASIS standard. But, it also seems different enough from pure "web
work" that we should explicitly approve it as a PMC, and announce our intent to EMO and Eclipse Community. This
is closely related to the internal models in WST. Note, this is primarily a WTP 3.0, 2008 issue, but we should
respond to the contributor as soon as possible, so they know our intent and what they can plan on. (AI for
David: Inform EMO and work to ensure this is well communicated.)
- AI (Tim): Need to review IP progress with Janet for Europa release gating factors.
- Need to begin planning for incubation exit for JSF and Dali.
JEE and 2.0 Planning
- Previous calls reviewed the design document from SAP on the extensible EE 5 model. A DOM-like model will
have existing EMF-based models as one representation but can also host other types of modeling technologies. Focus
for Europa will be on toleration of alternative models in WTP, with a longer-term focus on adopting this approach
Build Status (David)
- 2.0: M4 complete.
- 1.5.3 on track. Rampdown schedule:
- 1/26 PMC approval required for checkins. Approval page will go live. Two PMC members (or their
delegates) required for checkin.
- 2/2 RC
- 2/9 final code freeze / update site push
- 2/16 ship date
- 1.5.3 bug scrubbing will occur in Thursday's status call.
- No update this week; see AI above on incubation review planning.
- Web page designer integrated; this will be the focus of M5.
- See JSF wiki for weekly build feature updates.
- (held over) Resolving dependencies with Mozilla and trying to get out hand-built builds. Need Mac build as
well to get support on that platform. Will plan to base tech preview on next major milestone.
- Install improvements and build improvements going in.
Agenda/Minutes by Tim Wagner, January 09, 2007. Please send any corrections needed.