Tollfree in the US: 866-214-3176
Access code: 8870689#
Call Time: 7am PDT / 10am PDT
- Tim Wagner: Y
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Jochen Krause: Regrets
- Arthur Ryman: Regrets
- Pieter Humphrey: Y
- Neil Hauge (JPA/Dali): Y
- Bob Goodman (ATF): Y
- Project link proceeding in parallel with EMO policy planning.
- AI: Tim and Pieter: Work on adopter/contributor list.
- Ian offering EMO resources to help with Phoenix conversion.
- All PMC call attendees to review EclipseCon submissions in the webtools area for next week's call. Deadline to announce is 12/15.
- Tim has outstanding note to Janet regarding MIME IP update.
- 2/21 targeted for incubation exit (aka validation) reviews for Dali and JSF (ATF date TBD).
JEE and 2.0 Planning
- Large attendance, including many people who are interested in the topic as opposed to the code per se.
- Focused on support for models and proposed relation between new EE 5 and existing models; this will be the focus of this Thursday's meeting.
- Request from JBoss on the 1.5.x line "tolerating" EE 5 (no features but not blocking it). Investigating whether this is possible, though we do not want to do temporary patches or multiple implementations.
- Looking at Dali's annotation approaches to see if some of their infrastructure can be adopted for other annotation uses.
Build Status (David)
- Europa milestone on January 4th will be converted into a pre-holiday milestone of the 21st.
- Java 5 guidelines underway.
- Interop testing plans being defined.
- Milestone plan draft available on Wiki.
- Monthly status call moved to next week; will be looking for help on documentation.
- Resolving dependencies with Mozilla and trying to get out hand-built builds. Need Mac build as well to get support on that platform. Will need build for short-term use, and still working out long-term build logistics.
- Tech preview will be delayed into January due to XULRunner build issues above.
- Build integration verified.
- Attempting to come to final decision regarding ORM/XML descriptor support in conjunction with annotations. Tabbed properties still require some patches to enable them to be used for the Java annotations; XML would likely use a separate, XML-based editor.
- Need help from the platform team; WTP members can vote for the open issues.
Agenda/Minutes by Tim Wagner, November 28, 2006. Please send any corrections needed.