|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner, David Williams, Jochen Krause,
PMC Member Regrets: Naci Dai, Raghunathan Srinivasan,
Invited Guests: Neil Hauge (Dali), Rob Frost (BEA, proxy for Tim for any BEA-related matters during
- Final call for tutorial submissions! Please submit (and remind others).
- Tim nominated Pieter Humphrey (BEA) to serve as community liaison for WTP; approved by PMC.
Pieter will begin working and will join the PMC call next week.
- 15022010, who is working with Neil on the usability group, offered his help on the WTP
website. Tim to coordinate Bob and other interested parties (see AIs).
- By unanimous agreement the PMC voted Jason Sholl as a committer; Jason will be entered into the
"commons" and "JEE 5" groups.
- In the future, we will request that committer nominations indicate the group(s) for which the
candidate is being nominated for inclusion.
Requirements and 2.0 Planning
- Requirements call this Thursday (see invite in agenda).
- SAP will join call to discuss EE 5 requirements and planning.
- Some bugzilla items opened by STP to reflect requirements on WTP; primarily on server tooling
and WSDL editing. (Bugzilla 159169 reflects server runtime discussions and 159742 the WSDL editor.)
- JAX-WS tooling in STP represents an eventual area of overlap with WTP; initial focus is to get
the code working and committed and then refactor it.
1.5.2, 1.5.3, and 2.0 Status
- 1.5.2 release candidate in testing by WTP and adopter companies. No further builds planned, and
release still projected for 10/31.
- 1.5.3 builds will start when 1.5.2 is officially released. Bugs targeting 1.5.3 being reviewed.
- M3 coming up 11/15 for 2.0. RDB-to-DTP migration underway. Targeting Dali build integration for
M3. (Releng permissions for Dali committers have been requested.)
JSF and Dali representatives sent regrets; see agenda for JSF status.
- Continued discussion on tabbed properties, annotation editing, and other core feature areas.
Fallback is to use a custom view.
Action Items and Owners
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, October 24, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- Tim: Continued attempts to organize interested parties for web site work.
- Tim: Introduce Pieter Humphrey to PMC as community liaison
- David: Update process documents to clarify that nomination must specify component(s)
- All: Press for more tutorial submissions for EclipseCon!