PMC Conference Call - October 24, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner, David Williams, Jochen Krause,

PMC Member Regrets: Naci Dai, Raghunathan Srinivasan,

Invited Guests: Neil Hauge (Dali), Rob Frost (BEA, proxy for Tim for any BEA-related matters during my vacation)

Community

  • Final call for tutorial submissions! Please submit (and remind others).
  • Tim nominated Pieter Humphrey (BEA) to serve as community liaison for WTP; approved by PMC. Pieter will begin working and will join the PMC call next week.
  • 15022010, who is working with Neil on the usability group, offered his help on the WTP website. Tim to coordinate Bob and other interested parties (see AIs).

Process

  • By unanimous agreement the PMC voted Jason Sholl as a committer; Jason will be entered into the "commons" and "JEE 5" groups.
  • In the future, we will request that committer nominations indicate the group(s) for which the candidate is being nominated for inclusion.

Requirements and 2.0 Planning

  • Requirements call this Thursday (see invite in agenda).
  • SAP will join call to discuss EE 5 requirements and planning.
  • Some bugzilla items opened by STP to reflect requirements on WTP; primarily on server tooling and WSDL editing. (Bugzilla 159169 reflects server runtime discussions and 159742 the WSDL editor.)
  • JAX-WS tooling in STP represents an eventual area of overlap with WTP; initial focus is to get the code working and committed and then refactor it.

1.5.2, 1.5.3, and 2.0 Status

  • 1.5.2 release candidate in testing by WTP and adopter companies. No further builds planned, and release still projected for 10/31.
  • 1.5.3 builds will start when 1.5.2 is officially released. Bugs targeting 1.5.3 being reviewed.
  • M3 coming up 11/15 for 2.0. RDB-to-DTP migration underway. Targeting Dali build integration for M3. (Releng permissions for Dali committers have been requested.)

Dali Status

  • Continued discussion on tabbed properties, annotation editing, and other core feature areas. Fallback is to use a custom view.
JSF and Dali representatives sent regrets; see agenda for JSF status.

Action Items and Owners

  • Tim: Continued attempts to organize interested parties for web site work.
  • Tim: Introduce Pieter Humphrey to PMC as community liaison
  • David: Update process documents to clarify that nomination must specify component(s)
  • All: Press for more tutorial submissions for EclipseCon!
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, October 24, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.