PMC Conference Call - October 17, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner, Raghunathan Srinivasan, David Williams, Arthur Ryman, Jochen Krause, Naci Dai

PMC Member Regrets:

Invited Guests: Robert Goodman (ATF), Neil Hauge (Dali)

Community

  • Report on planning council (see agenda for link to minutes) and ESE in general
  • Reminder that tutorial submissions are due November 1st

Requirements and 2.0 Planning

  • Public requirements meeting set for Thursday, October 26th at 8am PDT; Jochen to publicize.

1.5.2 and 2.0 Status

  • 1.5.2 entering lockdown; no known ship-stopping issues.
  • Tim to update website and project meta-info after release.
  • 2.0 builds going ok.

Visual Editor Discussion

  • IP review of contribution complete; code placed in CVS.
  • Sybase indicated that fewer resources than originally planned will be available to work on the project.
  • PMC discussed fallback plan of incubating the visual editor in the JSF sub-project initially.
  • Oracle indicated that it would be willing to staff and ensure the success of the visual editor code under these circumstances.
  • Concerns raised by the PMC that the scope of the code and the need for attention to the architecture and robustness might require more resources than are now available.
  • Agreed to continue researching viability of this placement model.
I am missing sub-project status due to an error on my part; sub-project leads, if you have written status for this meeting, please send it to me.

Action Items and Owners

  • Jochen to publicize requirements phone call.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, October 17, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.