PMC Conference Call - September 12, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Naci Dai [ND], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS] David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR],

PMC Member Regrets: Jochen Krause

Invited Guests: Robert Goodman (ATF), Neil Hauge (Dali)

Community [TW]

  • EclipseCon CFP: still blocked on EclipseZilla readiness; Bjorn indicates end of week is likely.
  • EclipseWorld debrief: Held last week in Cambridge, about 350 attendees. Around 8 webtools-related talks, including a tutorial by Chris Judd.

Process [TW]

  • Triage reminder: see the triage page.
  • UI group: call for participation. PMC members will investigate opportunities for participation.
  • WindowsTester license distributed in agenda; PMC members to discuss with their respective legal teams.
  • Sybase contribution still under review; Tim to work with Janet on Thursday on ETA.

Requirements and 2.0 Planning

  • Targeting 9/22 for component lead plans and following week for requirements outreach to WTP community.

1.5.1 and 2.0 Status [DW]

  • 1.5.1 now in PMC triage (see above), bug list is narrowing, and appears on track for 9/29 release date. Build this week will be the release candidate.
  • M2 milestone approaching; WTP will need to produce build for that Europa milestone.

Dali Status [NH]

  • Committer rights corrected
  • Source code CVS migration to WTP completed
  • Bugzilla reclassification to webtools completed
  • Download area migrated to webtools (from technology's)
  • Web page migration in flight
  • Bio information for contributors page being collected
  • Halfway through port to DTP
  • Targeting M3 for joining Europa train

JSF Status [RS]

  • 1.5.1 work complete; now focusing on 2.0
  • Expression language feature plans on Wiki for feedback; need to work with WST/JST teams for staffing
  • requirements for visual page designer will be placed on Wiki (in terms of 2.0 release) - see link from JSF page
  • Already on the Europa train (as of M1).

ATF Status [RG]

  • Working on release this week, including new CSS tools and debugging enhancements
  • Will look to do some PR around the release
  • Targeting tech preview; still working on timeframe
  • Working on Europa train timeline; will have plan in place prior to planning council meeting at the ESE

Action Items and Owners

  • Tim to send out the "CFP" for WTP tutorials and other papers (stalled on EclipseZilla setup from EMO).
  • David to remind component leads to work on their plans for the 9/22 deadline.
  • Jochen to schedule requirements outreach call after component plans are complete (and all PMC members should review the requirements Wiki page).
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, September 12, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.