PMC Conference Call - September 5, 2006
PMC Members Attending: David Williams [DW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS]

PMC Member Regrets: Tim Wagner [TW], Jochen Krause [JK], Arthur Ryman [AR]

Invited Guests: Robert Goodman [RG] (ATF), Neil Hauge [NH] (Dali)

Community [DW]

  • EclipseWorld -- this week! Hope to hear "trip reports" next week.
  • EclipseCon: no word yet on EclipseZilla. Plan is to wait for EclipseZilla to be set up before doing the CFP, but feel free to let people know to start thinking about tutorials

Process [DW]

  • Tim, Bob, Janet, constructive conversation on what's needed for ATF IP work. Bob to follow-up with more detail to Eclipse Foundation and update our IP logs with "pending" items, since that will be easier to track the many individual third-party packages.
  • On-going: the search for "web master" continues
  • Congratulations and thanks to Jeffrey Liu! Opens potential opportunities for contribution:
    • Performance Engineer
    • Automated Tests
    • Release Engineer
    • API Scans, etc
  • Introduction of enhancing component-level ownership of decisions. Included written initial proposal. Planed more discussion and vote on 9/12 meeting.

    David to follow-up: Still need to list explicit features/plugins involved, and the committers that have been working on each.

    Naci pointed out things with CVS permissions could get complicated, so should not rush that part (though he like stream-lined decision making, etc)

1.5.1 and 2.0 Status [DW]

  • 1.5.1 going well; beginning component lead review; still 26 bugs targeted to 1.5.1
  • 2.0 M1 declared a bit late, due to issue with compile logs not being gathered. follow-up: Naci and David resolved to improve summary pages and/or releng tests to check for obvious errors such as compile logs missing.

Dali Status [NH]

  • note sent to webmaster asking for cvs movement (no response yet)
  • good on-going with JDT/API teams about JDT/APT annotation editing. Neil and team are attempting a concrete use-cases and proposal.

JSF Status [RS]

  • JSF 1.2 support document will be publish. In particular would like JSP team participation to determine common areas (e.g. unified EL).

ATF Status [RG]

  • Next release planned for this week.
    • HTTP server support
    • css tools
    • Facet support
    • Debugger Enhancements
    • Running/Debugging AJAX applications by URL
    • movie demos and tutorials as part of release!
  • Bob to follow-up: we should ensure an "announcement" with links is on main Eclipse page, etc.
  • Bob to follow-up: the release is formally for 1.5.0 of WTP, but should test at least some, to be sure no major breakage with 1.5.1, since that will soon follow (and would be embarrassing if we accidentally broke them)

Action Items and Owners

  • Tim to send out the "CFP" for WTP tutorials and other papers (and also get final dates as such).
  • stalled: waiting on EclipseZilla and ECon submission info from program committee.
Minutes taken by David Williams, September 5, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.