PMC Conference Call - August 15, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS]

PMC Member Regrets: Jochen, Naci

Invited Guests: Robert Goodman (ATF), Neil Hauge (Dali)

Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]

Community [LM]

  • Tim and Lawrence continuing to look for website supporters - support from member companies, advertising on the WTP website, etc.
  • Planning continues for Eclipse Summit Europe.

Process [TW]

  • Dali and JSF 0.5 release paperwork has been completed and this issue closed.
  • Instantiations researching open source project EULA; no new information to report.
  • Committer permission review continues; new spreadsheet received from Sharon Corbett. Four committers removed (see next item), plus ongoing corrections for sub-project leads.
  • Inactive committer update: Four committers resigned of the six we attempted communication with. One we have been unable to contact so far, the other expressed some interest in future involvement.

Requirements and Planning [TW]

  • WTP/STP Collaboration Wiki created.
  • Next stage in requirements and planning will likely occur the first / second week of September; this will include additional detail from component leads as well as an open community requirements call.
  • Sybase visual editor code has been deposited into Bugzilla. Tim to follow up with Sybase on creation and staffing of component to support and integrate this code drop.

1.5.1 and 2.0 Status [DW]

  • 1.5.1 builds ok. Rampdown plan included in agenda and will be distributed to wider WTP team.
  • Plugin ranges still being adjusted for 2.0; no successful build yet for 3.3 base. Ongoing push for accuracy here (including a reflection of where non-APIs are required.)

JSF Status [RS]

  • 0.5.1 to be released using the WTP 1.5.1 rampdown schedule.
  • Still gathering requirements for 2.0 release.

Dali Status [NH]

  • 0.5.1 plans TBD based on community feedback regarding critical or blocking issues.
  • Executing to plan from last month's planning cycle.
  • Ongoing conversation with JDT UI and Core on annotation support.

ATF Status [RG]

  • ATF internal review as part of planning process. Next minor release targeting end of August or beginning of September.
  • Complaints about installation (particularly the large number of 3rd party dependencies and the difficulty of getting those) are leading to a request to redistribute these dependencies as part of the ATF distribution. These will be shared with other Eclipse projects where that makes sense.
  • Ongoing discussions with 3rd parties who may be able to cooperate, including student interns possibly interested in ATF.

Action Items and Owners

  • Tim to follow up with Sybase on visual editor contribution and staffing plans for it.
  • Tim to post 1.5.1 rampdown to dev group, Wiki, and project metadata.
  • Tim to continue working with Sharon Corbett on permissions review and policy adherence.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, August 15, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed. Amended 8/22/2006 to correct date in title.