|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Jochen Krause [JK], Arthur Ryman [AR],
Naci Dai [ND],
PMC Member Regrets: Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS]
Invited Guests: Robert Goodman (ATF)
Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]
- Eclipse Summit Europe planning - David, Jochen, Tim, Naci planning to attend. David and Tim to
present on WTP (pending travel approvals). Council meeting schedule: Requirements 10th, Architecture
11th, Planning 12th - these will be held in the morning, with time for conference participation in the
- Lawrence to post ad on website for website maintainer(s).
- Europa "build workshop" being held September 11th and 12th in Portland. Looking for WTP members
who may be able to participate.
- Discussion of getting CVS permissions cleaned up for incubating sub project leads; Tim opened
Bugzilla to track with Sharon Corbett at the EMO. Issues should be raised there for necessary
- Tim requesting proposed EULA from Instantiations for WindowsTester use so member companies can
investigate its acceptability from a legal perspective.
Requirements and Planning [JK]
- Internal planning at some member companies may delay us from the original planning timeline;
may move out into September. Continued interest in quality, stability, and API definition. Jochen to
post updated schedule.
- SAP has expressed interest in EE 5 enablement; WTP 2.0 will need to enable this, but may have
limited end user support for EE 5 depending on resource availability.
- Deprecation policy discussion: minimum of one major release for APIs, and preference given to
similar policy for adopter usage of non-APIs. Usage reports gathered to date indicate some API
declarations that are needed as well as some educational opportunities for adopters.
- STP planning: Naci reaching out to Oisin regarding a meeting.
1.5.1 and 2.0 Status [DW]
- Now on latest maintenance versions from base and EMF for 1.5.1.
- 1.5.1 endgame proposal draft needed; can circulate at status meeting.
- Plugin ranges for 2.0 not repaired yet; still a major 2.0 TBD.
ATF Status [RG]
- Working on next release plans; currently looking at fall timeframe. Will have a simplified
install process and planning for new functionality.
- Coordination with commercial companies building AJAX support on top of Eclipse - may provide
additional ATF committers depending on interest.
JSF Status [RS, via email]
- 0.5.1 maintenance release, coordinated with WTP 1.5.1 release in progress
- Requirements meeting on August 21st; requirements being tracked via the Wiki page
Action Items and Owners
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, August 08, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- [ND] STP requirements and overlap (runtimes, deployment, WS infrastructure, etc.) schedule.
- [TW] Research travel opportunity for build meeting in Portland.
- [TW] Draft rampdown proposal for 1.5.1 release.