|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR], Gerry Kessler (for
Raghunathan Srinivasan), Naci Dai [ND], Jochen Krause [JK]
Invited Guests: Neil Hauge (Dali), Bob Goodman (ATF)
Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]
Community Update [LM]
- Limited site coverage to date - process worked better for 1.0 release; Callisto as a whole
overshadows "pure" WTP release.
- WTP selected as the top Eclipse project from a German Eclipse magazine.
- Screencam demo downloads are around 42% of total demo downloads.
- Around 50K downloads of 1.5 to date; most popular package is once again the the all-in-one-ZIP
for Windows (roughly order of magnitude less for all-in-one-ZIP on Linux.
- Tim held a podcast with EZ last week on WTP and its role in Callisto.
- No "show stopper" bugs reported to date; community perception of quality seems to be positive.
Roughly 100 new bugs opened since the release (versus 50 for the same period following 1.0).
- Full review slidedeck requested by Bjorn; Tim to produce.
- Review of EMO records and inactive committers: Tim working on records review with EMO. Lawrence
has compiled list of inactive committers; next step is for PMC to review the "would you like to
continue" note once Lawrence has drafted it.
- Discussion of UI test infrastructure donation offer.
- UI testing discussion; will ask Instantiations to provide some follow up conversations and
ensure that other vendors are enabled to participate. Tim to follow up on IP concerns.
- STP interaction: suggest WTP component creation where appropriate (WS-Policy, e.g.); should
also engage with WTP requirements processes and documents to ensure that STP-specific issues are
exposed. Need to ensure that we do not end up with an explosion of deployment and server modeling
solutions in Eclipse: DTP, WTP, and STP look to be diverging, and we should work with these projects to
- Sybase visual designer placement: create this as a new component and bootstrap it with Sybase
committers (as part of JST; later refactoring will push the non-Java portions over to WST).
1.5.1 Status [DW]
- Branch plan finished, first M-build ready next week.
1.0.3 Status [DW]
- See rampdown plan in email (on track).
Action Items and Owners
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, July 11, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- [TW] EclipseCon questions/concerns: reduction in number of tutorials, etc. Tim to convey to
- [TW] Tim to produce "full" release review deck and distribute to PMC for review.
- [TW] Tim to discuss possible use of Instantiations test tools with Mike and pursue IP questions
with Instantiations. Open test scripts and runtime as a sub-project of TPTP would be one way to avoid
the IP concerns.