|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Arthur
Ryman [AR], Naci Dai [ND]
PMC Member Regrets: none
Invited Guests: Neil Hauge
Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]
Community Update [LM]
- JavaOne report: deferred until next week
- Release publicity plan: Ian is organizing cross-project webinars and the "high level" Callisto
- Resurrect list of sites to post to / monitor
- Press releases from member companies
- Tim to contact Ian over press outreach for WTP specifically
- Update tutorials (post RC4)
- Look for WTP community members interested in authoring articles
- Dali move review reminder (tomorrow, Wed, May 24th at 8am PDT)
- WTP release review - see URLs in agenda, review is this Friday, May 26th at 8am PDT (along with
the other Callisto projects). Slides will be reposted today with corrections.
- 142391 (double byte characters in manifests) - still being tested
- Builds turned back on yesterday evening. David to ask teams to perform smoke testing. Weekly M
builds planned for Tuesdays.
Callisto / 1.5
- Rampdown process update:
- Component lead review through RC4 (5/31) with email to wtp-dev to enable post hoc review.
- PMC approval (1.0.3 voting process) required from 6/1 through 6/14; lockdown targeted for
6/14. Additional PMC calls as needed to provide a frequent forum for bug triage and review.
- Stop-ship issues only with PMC approval (and cross-team notification) 6/15 through GA.
1.5.1 Release Planning
- Change policy (applies to all maintenance releases): No new (or changed) API, extension points,
or significant functionality changes permitted; no adopter should be broken by adopting this minor
release. Any exceptions to this policy requires PMC review.
- Incubating sub-projects are not subject to this restriction within their areas.
- 1.5.1, 1.5.2, etc. will be produced on the maintenance stream. CVS HEAD will become WTP 2.0
(June 2007). "Feature packs" can be produced and released that provide more aggressive functionality
additions on top of 1.5 (via branching if changes are required); there is no scheduled release activity
for them. This can be used to allow a component to be advanced and preview its changes independent of
the 2.0 stream.
JSF Status [RS]
- Snippets contribution approved.
- Successfully building as part of WTP. SDK still needs to be added.
- Need to schedule release review.
- PMC members must evaluate release worthiness in advance of release review.
Dali Status [NH]
- Build integration ongoing
- Release review schedule needed.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, May 23, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- [TW] Update release review slides and IP log with feedback
- [TW] Update Callisto process and send rampdown plans out to team
- [RS, NH] Send information about tutorial, build access to "wtp-pmc"
- [all PMC members] Work through Dali and JSF tutorials and prepare list of questions for
- [TW] Schedule internal (WTP PMC review) of Dali and JSF technology preview releases (1 hour
- [TW] Finalize external (EMO) release review dates for Dali and JSF
- [TW] Update Callisto rampdown process and send email to "wtp-dev" on updated rampdown policy.
- [TW] Contact Ian re: WTP press