|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Jochen Krause [JK], David
Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR], Naci Dai [ND]
PMC Member Regrets: none
Invited Guests: Neil Hauge [NH]
Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]
Community Update [LM]
- EclipseWorld deadline was last Friday, several WTP abstracts entered.
- Lawrence will be technical point of contact for Callisto reviews.
- Update on IP issues:
- Need to produce consolidated list of contribution questionnaires for Janet.
- Callisto reviews will receive priority.
- Xerces 2.8.0 review in flight.
- Sun J2EE schemas on dock, but not yet started.
- WSIL schema/DTDs currently waiting on feedback from IBM legal (research mode).
- Logo use issue - may need to remove those for which approval cannot be granted.
- Great bugs: #130571
- Open requirements call ~4 weeks ago included participation from Oracle, JBoss, and Genuitech.
Major request was Java EE 5.
- Requirements mailing list has not received detailed input from adopters/community.
- Jochen will propose a date for an open requirements call.
- RC1 occurred on Friday; RC2 planned for this week, with 4 bugs slated for inclusion so far.
- Friday is deadline for respin/RC production.
- Need to ensure we run and analyze performance tests before release.
- Need progress on backlog of unverified defects.
Callisto / 1.5 Status
- On track for M6 this Friday.
- Mike Wilson nominated to replace Kevin Haaland, who is full time on the Eclipse project PMC.
JSF Status [RS]
- Focus has been on build and distribution activities.
- Bugzilla entry created to track integration with official WTP build/release process.
- Integration of faces config with EMF models planned for end of this month (from Sybase).
Dali Status [NH/SS]
- Working on build/build integration issues.
- Discussion of incubation location (WTP versus Technology).
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, April 11, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- [TW] Research whether WTP can reprint the text of the Sun DTD/Schema license. (Question from
Lawrence for Janet as part of 1.5 IP.)