PMC Conference Call - February 28, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Naci Dai [ND], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], David Williams [DW], Jochen Krause [JK]

PMC Member Regrets: None

Invited Guests: None

Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]

Community Update [LM]

  • Logo vote: Arthur: gears; Lawrence: gears; David: wrench; Naci: gears; Jochen: gears; Raghu: gears; Tim: gears.
  • Website conversion occurring slowly; process is manual (rather than "single page translation" schema, which has proven to be a security risk).

Procedural [TW]

  • ATF project discussions with the EMO in progress over the location of that project versus the WTP charter.

Planning

  • Need to update web front page to replace 1.0 link with 1.5 (Arthur to update).

1.0.1 Status

  • Update site: live and working; previous issues were internal to a specific mirror. Minimal testing has been successful.
  • All-in-one packaging is present and working.
  • Web site links: our front page (still says release candidate), link from project page, metadata in project directory, etc.

1.0.2 Status

  • Builds are in place, and work is beginning; smoke tests will begin next week.
  • Documentation bugs approved.

Callisto / 1.5 Status

  • M5 build nearly complete; concern over level of testing it's received to date (5 blocking defects targeted for M5 still open)
  • Update site in progress; preliminary tests starting today in preparation for Friday's release
  • Prereq status: platform, EMF, and GEF all ready and presumed working; need to investigate JEM final build status
  • JSF is already finished with work targeted for/with M5

Architecture [DW]

  • Architectural overview went out in email this week; if you discover any errors or have comments, forward them to David. The diagram is designed for inclusion in the overall Eclipse Architecture Council presentation to the Board.
  • Ted Bashor hosted a call this week on the architecture of facets and server/runtime frameworks.
  • Another JSF editing call is scheduled for this Friday.

Requirements [JK]

  • Group call will occur today.

JSF Status [RS]

  • IBM contribution has arrived and contribution quest. is in flight.
  • Primary challenge is to integrate the Sybase and IBM contribs.
  • Design/arch calls with SSE team continue (see above).
  • Intending to showcase features at EclipseCon.

Hotlist Process

  • Short discussion of need to moderate the incoming list; process detail discussion tabled pending feedback from Jeffrey Liu and AR

Action Items

  • [DW] M5 blocker email sent to owners of these bugs
  • [TW] to talk to Lawrence about converting WTP web pages (starting with PMC notes and IP log)
  • [AR] Supply high quality version of "gears" logo via logo bug
  • [DW] Feature decomposition plan for 1.5 (EJB and Web, Core and UI intermingling) - need to either revive old bug or open new one for tracking purposes
  • [DW] Provide prioritized list from architecture group
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, February 28, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.