PMC Conference Call - February 21, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Arthur Ryman [AR], David Williams [DW]

PMC Member Regrets: Jochen Krause

Invited Guests: None

Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]

Community Update [LM]

  • WTP logo - will begin research on the top two picks "in situ".
  • RSS feed being tested; planned to go live along with Phoenix conversion.

Procedural [TW]

  • I'll be coordinating with Janet this week on various IP issues; if you have any additional requests, I need to know this week so that we have sufficient time to close on them: WSIL DTDs (defect 127679), Axis 1.3, Sybase contribution review, Cactus, IBM hosted J2EE DTDs and schemas (defect 104086).

Planning

  • Need to update web front page to replace 1.0 link with 1.5 (Arthur to update).

1.0.1 Status

  • Currently in cooldown period; release will occur on Friday (2/24) if no blocking issues are found. (No blocking issues have been raised yet.)
  • David working on update site for 1.0.1.

1.0.2 Discussion/Planning

  • March 24th: cutoff for adopter requests for 1.0.2 hot list.
  • March 25 - April 14: only stop-ship regressions permitted.
  • April 15 - April 20: normal cooldown period
  • April 21: 1.0.2 released

Callisto / 1.5 Status

  • M5 compile errors need to be dealt with, and M5 testing needs to be a priority.

Architecture [DW]

  • Architectural overview and future direction statement needed by EMO; we're planning to use the version from last year and add in JSF and Dali "boxes". Will list AJAX and PHP in "futures" section and the migration to DTP for data tools.

JSF Status [RS]

  • David meeting minutes to be posted
  • EMO model reviewed; integ will be significant amount of work
  • IBM still working through legal process for contribution
  • Looking for ETA on integrated build; Raghu to research this week

Action Items

  • [TW] Work with Scott to clip out individual logos and remove the remaining "1.0" version number...ask if there are other colors we should try to look good on the Phoenix background?
  • [All] Investigate options for supporting some form of WTP-branded merchandise at EclipseCon.
  • [DW] Feature decomposition plan for 1.5 (EJB and Web, Core and UI intermingling) - need to either revive old bug or open new one for tracking purposes.
  • [DW] Provide prioritized list from architecture group.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, February 21, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.