|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Jochen Krause [JK], David
Williams [DW], Naci Dai [ND], Arthur Ryman [AR]
PMC Member Regrets: none
Invited Guests: Leah Findlater
Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]
Leah Findlater and the WTP usability research project
- Leah is a PhD student at Univ. of BC. performing an Eclipse-based usability study.
- Goal of the study is to see how functions and commands are used in WTP - patterns of use,
frequency of use, etc. and how this information can be exploited to better organize or design the UI.
- Study monitor, an extension of the Mylar usage monitor, will be used to record navigation and
user interface interaction; the results will be uploaded to the study's servers. Written and verbal
feedback will also be gathered.
- The study's results will be shared with the development team.
Community Update [LM]
- Project sprint request in Bugzilla for EclipseCon; Bjorn will be scheduling next week. Each
component lead (or designate) should plan to provide a status report/plan summary, followed by a general
Q and A/meet and greet.
- I'll be coordinating with Janet this week on various IP issues; if you have any additional
requests, I need to know this week so that we have sufficient time to close on them: WSIL DTDs (defect
127679), Axis 1.3, Sybase contribution review, Cactus, IBM hosted J2EE DTDs and schemas (defect 104086).
- Expecting candidate build to be complete by Wednesday (start of cool-down period). Changes are
- Targeting April 21st. Like 1.0.1, maintenance stream will be limited to specific bug fixes
blocking adopters - no API or UI changes will be introduced.
Callisto / 1.5 Status
- Requirements clarified in last Friday's call; WTP will need to adhere to the Callisto
requirements list, but we're very close to meeting them already.
- See David's email regarding warnings (as of the M5 adoption); situation needs to be
investigated team by team.
- Nothing to report this week.
- Next call will be next week, following the PMC call.
JSF Status [RS]
- IBM contribute faces config model.
- Making progress against features as listed in the project plan.
- Working with David on design issues.
WTP Logo [LM]
- PMC will issue nominations to the PMC mailing list, along with requests for modifications to
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, February 14, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- [TW] Open overarching Bugzilla entry for Callisto requirements.
- [TW] Check in with Janet on outstanding IP issues (Axis 1.3, Sybase contribution, logos,
- [DW] Feature decomposition plan for 1.5 (EJB and Web, Core and UI intermingling) - need to
either revive old bug or open new one for tracking purposes.
- [DW] Provide prioritized list from architecture group.