PMC Conference Call - February 14, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Jochen Krause [JK], David Williams [DW], Naci Dai [ND], Arthur Ryman [AR]

PMC Member Regrets: none

Invited Guests: Leah Findlater

Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]

Leah Findlater and the WTP usability research project

  • Leah is a PhD student at Univ. of BC. performing an Eclipse-based usability study.
  • Goal of the study is to see how functions and commands are used in WTP - patterns of use, frequency of use, etc. and how this information can be exploited to better organize or design the UI.
  • Study monitor, an extension of the Mylar usage monitor, will be used to record navigation and user interface interaction; the results will be uploaded to the study's servers. Written and verbal feedback will also be gathered.
  • The study's results will be shared with the development team.

Community Update [LM]

  • Project sprint request in Bugzilla for EclipseCon; Bjorn will be scheduling next week. Each component lead (or designate) should plan to provide a status report/plan summary, followed by a general Q and A/meet and greet.

Procedural [TW]

  • I'll be coordinating with Janet this week on various IP issues; if you have any additional requests, I need to know this week so that we have sufficient time to close on them: WSIL DTDs (defect 127679), Axis 1.3, Sybase contribution review, Cactus, IBM hosted J2EE DTDs and schemas (defect 104086).

1.0.1 Status

  • Expecting candidate build to be complete by Wednesday (start of cool-down period). Changes are likely Thu/Fri.

1.0.2 Discussion/Planning

  • Targeting April 21st. Like 1.0.1, maintenance stream will be limited to specific bug fixes blocking adopters - no API or UI changes will be introduced.

Callisto / 1.5 Status

  • Requirements clarified in last Friday's call; WTP will need to adhere to the Callisto requirements list, but we're very close to meeting them already.
  • See David's email regarding warnings (as of the M5 adoption); situation needs to be investigated team by team.

Architecture [DW]

  • Nothing to report this week.

Requirements [JK]

  • Next call will be next week, following the PMC call.

JSF Status [RS]

  • IBM contribute faces config model.
  • Making progress against features as listed in the project plan.
  • Working with David on design issues.

WTP Logo [LM]

  • PMC will issue nominations to the PMC mailing list, along with requests for modifications to specific designs.

Action Items

  • [TW] Open overarching Bugzilla entry for Callisto requirements.
  • [TW] Check in with Janet on outstanding IP issues (Axis 1.3, Sybase contribution, logos, Cactus, etc.)
  • [DW] Feature decomposition plan for 1.5 (EJB and Web, Core and UI intermingling) - need to either revive old bug or open new one for tracking purposes.
  • [DW] Provide prioritized list from architecture group.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, February 14, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.