|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Arthur Ryman [AR], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Naci Dai [ND], David
Williams [DW], Jochen Krause [JK], Lawrence Mandel [LM]
Community Update and 1.0 Status
- Effort to get tutorials correct/up to date - some are updated; others still require
improvements, and will probably complete in time for 1.0.1.
- Site watch update - no updates; commentary seems to have died down on the release.
- Lawrence to check on the "Top 10" download list - because of the formula used to compute these,
it will be difficult for us to get into the club; Lawrence has a bug open to track this.
- WTP logo update - "contest" has been initiated and several rounds of improvements have occurred
on initial set of logo proposals. Will add some to our home page to help garner interest/awareness.
- Lawrence tracking EclipseCon involvement for WTP; short talks are up next.
- How should we correlate adopter bug fixes to 1.0.1 M-builds for the community? Automated
reports are underway (see below), but there are relatively few bug fixes targeted for 1.0.1; manual
advertisement seems appropriate for this release.
1.0 Update Site [DW]
- Update site ready to go live; David to announce (probably later today).
- Updating from 0.7 to 1.0 remains problematic; update to a "fresh" platform works correctly.
(Manifests as refusal to update but does not corrupt the existing 0.7.x installation.) May not be able
to make sufficient headway on these problems to solve the issue for 0.7.
1.0.1 Status [DW]
- M-build progress this week - smoke test due today; declaration expected by noon tomorrow (Wed);
on track for that so far.
- Naci's experiment with Eclipse-hosted build process: some concerns raised over accuracy of the
so-called "EMF approach": looks at CVS comments and compares them against Bugzilla state, based on time
(rather than release-to-build info). We can generate this report now; will consider for inclusion in
next week's build and investigate the accuracy of the output.
Callisto / 1.5 Plans
- Progress on M4 - we're getting clean compiles, but a few failing JUnit tests (due to EMF issues
on a 1.4 VM). This is creating a risk in our goal of completing this by Friday (we may need to declare
with this as a known issue).
- Progress on 3.2 build system migration: should be straightforward, but may not complete in time
- Build machine at eclipse.org setup underway; Denis helping Naci on this.
- Incubating projects that need graduation into WTP (JSF and EJB 3.0) - incubation exit criteria
need to be developed (test coverage, documentation, API progress, IP cleanliness, etc. - basically the
requirements from the EMO release review).
- 1.5 component-level plans are being entered into Bugzilla by the leads.
- Will begin review of enhancement requests for 1.5 prioritization.
- Sybase contribution in flight; some concern over whether test cases and documentation will be
included in the contribution.
- 1.5 Release train plan: planning to exit incubation and ship as part of WTP 1.5/Callisto. Will
need to join milestones as part of M5 (early March release).
- Need to begin working to meet incubation exit / WTP release review criteria.
- Committer approval process begun for Jean Choi.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, January 10, 2006
- [TW] Check with Janet on logo legal/IP issues.
- [TW] Check with Bjorn on incubation exit versus WTP release review - are there two reviews or
- [TW/DW] (held over) Learn more about PHP project and its connection to WTP.