PMC Conference Call - January 3, 2006
Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Naci Dai [ND], Lawrence Mandel [LM], Christophe Ney [CN]

Procedural Issues

  • Christophe Ney resigned from the WTP PMC, effective today. The PMC would like to extend its thanks to Christophe for his work on behalf of ObjectWeb in forming and guiding the WTP effort since its inception. Christophe will remain engaged with Eclipse, serving on the STP PMC, and we look forward to continuing to work with him in that capacity.

Community Update and 1.0 Status

  • Lawrence driving effort to get tutorials correct/up to date.
  • Site watch in progress - next time we need to split up the "post an article" activities versus the "watch/participate in conversations" list
  • Download numbers: just over 30K (2/3 are the win32 all-in-one)
  • Lawrence to check on the "Top 10" download list - why aren't we on?
  • Tim to start the WTP logo selection - will open bug and post link to it later today to mailing list and newsgroup
  • Phoenix migration: Lawrence working on this now; expected to take some time for the conversion
  • Call for events (for posting)

1.0 Debrief

  • Performance problems (Tomcat publishing, etc.) looks like a critical issue; will attempt to use next week's M-build as a workaround approach (assuming the fix makes it in)
  • Update site work remains; ETA is tomorrow (1/4)

1.0.1 Status [DW]

  • Smoke test on Tuesdays; M-build declaration on Wednesday by noon (no build this week; too few changes)
  • Naci to experiment with Eclipse-hosted build process
  • Will poll component leads on the Thursday call on priority of "hot list" bugs and likelihood of fixes in 1.0.1

Callisto / 1.5 Plans

  • [DW] Should require relatively few fixes, although testing will be needed; fixes are planned for the *1.0.1* stream to avoid unnecessary split streaming. (Deadline is 1/13)
  • [DW/ND] Will migrate to 3.2 build system shortly.

Additional Operations Issues

  • Bugs-fixed-in-build reports: EMF approach exists; Naci migrating this to our build system in order to start including these reports. Initial approach will be a time/date approximation to the actual inclusions represented by the map files (commits rather than builds per se).

PHP Project

  • David and Tim to research its incubation location, rationale, etc.

Action Items

  • Included in notes above where relevant.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, January 3, 2006