PMC Conference Call - November 29, 2005
Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Jochen Krause [JK], Arthur Ryman [AR] David Williams [DW], Lawrence Mandel [LM], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Christophe Ney [CN]

Community Update [LM]

  • 1.0 rollout
    • Tutorials need to be updated / corrected for 1.0
    • Blogging by WTP members
    • Blogging by 3rd parties (will need to inform/remind)
    • Press release (driven by EMO)
    • Documentation placed online and searchable by Google
    • Explore links from main and download page
    • Arthur created a "FreshMeat" entry for M9 to garner additional awareness of our tools (in review stage)
    • Should also plan for Slashdot article
    • EclipseZone interview
  • Project Phoenix feedback solicited; anyone who has spare cycles, please feel free to comment on the content, presentation, and toolset.

Emerging API Migration/Support Policy

  • Summary by Arthur of non-API support policy proposal (see agenda); goal is to provide best level of support to adopters that we can. Focus is primarily on 1.0 - 1.5 transition, although even post 1.5 there will be ongoing API evolution issues for adopters to worry about.
  • Result depends in large part on community engagement; usage reports will be helpful in driving WTP activities.
  • Need to ensure that we don't turn this into a mechanism for exposing any arbitrary internal methods into lifetime commitments.

1.0 Status

  • Large backlog of bugs, documentation, and JUnit testing going on
  • Initial RC will take place this week as planned, although there will still be some areas with insufficient tests
  • Will solicit P2 review from devs via mailing list (as well as remind people of endgame plan)

Requirements Update

  • No wiki input yet.
  • Planning requirements discussion planned for 12/15 status call.

Calisto Update

  • David reviewed bugs; doesn't look bad, but we cannot commit to making the M4 train due to conflict with 1.0.

JSF Update

  • Milestone 1 demo planned for next week.
  • Build issues getting resolved; progress on feature definition.
  • Bugzilla organization fixed.

Action Items

  • [TW] send out clarified end game
  • [AR] send note to devs regarding P2 status (for RC1 production)
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, November 29, 2005