|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Arthur Ryman [AR], David Williams [DW], Naci Dai [ND], Lawrence Mandel
Community Update [LM]
- Capabilities are in the build.
- Several tutorials have been submitted for EclipseCon from WTP; expecting one more from David
- CSS conference held last week (Arthur presenting on WTP).
- Will need heavy promotion of WTP in 2006 Q1.
- IP log: need to get additional eyes on this to help flesh out details of redist software, data
mining exercise for incorporated attachments, and list of committers.
- WTP 1.0 release review requested for week of 11/14; not yet scheduled by EMO.
- No update from planning council on release train yet. Will ask again.
- Meeting scheduled for WTP/DTP migration plans this Friday (Tim, Arthur, John Graham of DTP).
- WTP charter modifications in flight.
- Amy Wu committership accepted conditional on voting completion with no negative votes
- Tim to contact Eddie O'Neill re: Beehive JSR 181 processing in WTP 1.5.
- Verify (or add) APT presentation to WTP archives.
- Migration issues w.r.t. 1.0 to 1.5; minimize disruption to 1.0 adopters. (Reaction cycle is
- 1.0.1 timing: 3.1.2 plus two weeks. (Need to check with Jeffrey on WTP 1.0 language pack
availability and timing.)
- "Component" features will be introduced into the build this week.
- Architecture Council will occur next month; nothing special related to WTP at this time.
- I-builds: still refining the process (including vote-to-release)
- Endgame planning - next two weeks are end of major coding, then we need to consolidate for M9,
follwed by the 1.0 rampdown. Endgame schedule should be published for next week.
- Plugin version numbers still need to be bumped to 1.0 (will happen coincident with new feature
introduction this week)
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, November 1, 2005
- [TW] Post new WTP Charter to Website and notify EMO [DONE]
- [TW] Need release train planning document - push Planning Council to produce this (email sent;
tracking status). (held over; no progress from PC last week)
- [TW, etc.] Continue work on IP log in preparation for release review.
- [TW] Follow up with Bjorn on release review date/time and publicize.
- [TW] Begin endgame planning for PMC review next week (will baseline off 0.7 plan).
- [TW] Contact Eddie O'Neill re: Beehive JSR 181 processing in WTP 1.5.
- [TW] Verify (or add) APT presentation to WTP archives.