PMC Conference Call - October 18, 2005
Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Jochen Krause [JK] Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Lawrence Mandel [LM], David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR],

Community Update [LM]

  • OOPSLA report: Lawrence at conference; several Eclipse-related events still to come
  • CASCON: Web Services and WTP tutorials and talk (double session), demo still to come at WTP booth
  • Jochen representing WTP at JavaPolis (plug-in event, "IDE shootout" discussion)
  • EclipseCon submission summary:
    • Tutorial: Implementing the Web Tools Server SPI (Marshall)
    • Tutorial: Overview tutorial (Naci/Arthur/Lawrence)
    • Tutorial: Extending Web Tools for your Server (Gorkem)
    • Tutorial: Extending Web Tools through Project Facets (Konstantin)
    • Tutorial: Extending SSE (David - TBD)
    • TALK: JSF (Oracle)
    • TALK: Extending Web Tools through Project Facets (Konstantin)
    • TALK: Overview (Arthur)
    • Other talk ideas: adopter/API overview, SSE, Web Services
    • PMC will advocate the WTP overview tutorial for our guaranteed tutorial slot; more talk abstracts needed (and slot selection TBD)
  • Usage study (Findlater, UBC) recruiting participants for Eclipse and WTP interaction

Procedural

  • Carl Trieloff planning to join us next week (conflict for this morning's call).
  • Time to start working on the IP log / license tracking again. I've started this with Bjorn, but will need to pull in others.
  • Followup from last week's AI: mail sent to John Graham to clarify DTP migration plan (and support in "Comet" time frame)
  • Charter mods will be presented at tomorrow's Board call

Requirements Update

  • Bugzilla-based milestone plans are now live on our website
  • Still TBD: enabling dynamic report generation to eliminate build step (via PHP - needs to be enabled)

1.0 Planning

  • Plugin version numbers need to be bumped to 1.0.
  • I-builds are being produced late; will discuss during the status meeting this week.
  • New feature breakdown should complete for WST next week.

1.5 Planning

  • Will attempt build on 3.2 M3 after our M9.
  • Will plan to join train officially with M4 after our 12/16 ship (should be easy if M3 build has already succeeded).
  • Will return to requirements and milestone planning when we hit rampdown.

JSF Status

  • Sybase interested in joining project, currently working on internal approval.

Action Items

  • [TW] Track charter mods with Board (Wed call).
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, October 18, 2005