|Attending: Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Arthur Ryman [AR], David Williams [DW], Lawrence Mandel
[LM], Tim Wagner [TW]
Community Update [LM]
- Website partitioning update: Reorg mostly complete - 1.0 plans have been moved, need some
existing link fixup from old summary plans. Also need to generate reports from Bugzilla and make them
look like milestone plan (Arthur). Tutorial cleanup complete; tutorials are now each self contained.
Next step is to reorganize subproject pages (groups by component).
- EclipseCon - WTP slot use. Raghu: Oracle preparing submissions for EJB 3.0 and JSF (the latter
could use one of the WTP reserved slots). AR: One of our slots should be the overview presentation, and
we should submit as many additional abstracts as we can for deep dives on specific topics.
Procedural matters [TW]
- Mike Milinkovich did not include the WTP charter modifications in the pre-meeting materials for
the Board face-to-face in Chicago last week, so the vote will occur on the next board call. I presented
the changes, and all but the "emerging specs" part were considered acceptable. The Board suggested an
amendment of that one to use the following language: "...new revisions of existing standards..." to
constrain pre-release tooling work.
Architecture Update [DW]
- Progress on flexible project planning and alignment with platform plans, led by Chuck (call to
occur Wednesday). Discussed approach of having a wizard that would migrate a multi-module app to
- Feature reorg in flight; partial progress will be made in 1.0, with the remainder going into
- "Aspects" went into the (M9) build; integration will proceed this week.
- Migration of code to base in time for joining the train is a current risk factor (tabbed
properties, extensible navigator, Internet proxy settings).
- Need to resurrect API scanning tool to enable PMC progress review.
0.7.1 (Maintenance Stream) Status
- Currently reviewing/testing release candidate. Each team is being asked to spend one day to run
through use cases/scenarios.
- Looking to declare publically Friday if all goes well.
- New and Noteworthy - need to ensure that Oracle adapter is described.
- M9 component plans complete.
- Risk analysis: facet integration, multi-module migration, performance problems
- Paperwork complete! JSF devs are now committers (3 from Oracle, one from Exadel)!
- Planning update: Talking to other companies interested in project, Website milestone being
updated, Exadel will not be making a code contribution (starting from scratch).
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, September 27, 2005
- [TW] Get platform dates and drive process of setting 2006 WTP milestone dates (help up on
planning info from platform).
- [TW] Work with Board on charter modification vote (October call).