PMC Conference Call - September 20, 2005
Attending: Arthur Ryman [AR], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], David Williams [DW], Lawrence Mandel [LM], Tim Wagner [TW], Naci Dai [ND], Jochen Krause [JK]

Community Update [LM]

  • Documentation for 0.7.1 will be released as a separate ZIP file on the update/download sites. Docs are in good shape and current effort is expected to complete on time.
  • Website update (partitioning) has begun; Arthur and Lawrence are in flight on this project.

Procedural matters

  • Konstantin Komissarchik committer vote accepted.
  • Tim will bring WTP Charter mods before the Eclipse Board on Wednesday.
  • Contribution questionnaire policy clarified: 3rd contributions must come in via Bugzilla patches, and require a questionnaire if they are over 100 lines or represent non EPL-licensed IP. See The Eclipse Process for more details.
  • Scanning tool for Bugzilla patches would be helpful to meet IP due diligence requirements.
  • Tim to start working on IP log.

Architecture Update [DW]

  • Open house held on "feature" feature last week.
  • Progress on flexible project planning and alignment with platform plans, led by Chuck.

0.7.1 (Maintenance Stream) Status

  • Arthur and Tim researching SOAP schema IP issues; four of the five W3C schemas are unclear on their usage restrictions.
  • Planning for code complete this Friday (9/23).

1.0 Status

  • On track to release on schedule (9/23)

JSF Status

  • Paperwork planned to complete by this Friday, followed by EMO provisioning.
  • Working on milestone planning; will publish information when paperwork completes.

API Migration Policy

  • Discussion of internal promotion, deprecation, and communication with adopters; Arthur revising proposal based on feedback.

Action Items

  • [TW] Get platform dates and drive process of setting 2006 WTP milestone dates (help up on planning info from platform).
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, September 20, 2005