|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Naci Dai [ND], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS] David Williams [DW],
Lawrence Mandel [LM], Arthur Ryman [AR], Jochen Krause [JK]
Community Update [LM]
- EclipseWorld - many WTP presentations from both inside and outside the WTP dev community, all
talks well attended and received
- Website content still in flux; component leads are working on project plans
- Arthur suggested factoring the website content so that component leads can update the relevant
- Phoenix not ready yet; we will try to be early adopters when they're ready
- DW suggested making "audience organization" (users, extenders, devs) more obvious
- EclipseCon program committee has set aside two technical and one tutorial slots per top-level
project; projects still need to go through the proposal process (and can submit additional talks, of
- No procedural matters to report.
0.7.1 (Maintenance Stream) Status
- Using Thursday status/component lead meeting for triage; PMC members are invited to attend
- Arthur researching SOAP schema IP issues; may need to re-vet in 0.7.1 with Foundation legal.
1.0 and 1.5 Planning
- WTP joining the 1.5 release train; will need to join train ASAP to improve likelihood of final
- We are using many internal APIs from the platform; any drift caused by this reliance on
platform internals could be mitigated in either the 1.0 line or the (not yet created) 1.5 line. Split
point will be late October/early November (roughly the M9 milestone).
- We need to create the 1.5 line at least in time to handle new feature work that cannot go into
the 1.0 codebase.
- Once we move to 1.5 (and join the Zebra train), we will need to migrate to a 6 week release
cycle in order to synchronize. (DW: suggesting our M9 timeframe).
- 1.0 will remain on its existing (8 week milestones) schedule.
- For 1.5, we would need to begin synchronizing with platform I-builds (not an immediate
- Chuck will be presenting a proposal soon on project-related APIs.
Requirements Update [JK]
- Open requirements call will be held this Thursday. Oracle, BEA, and others are planning to
participate; IBM has conflict with internal planning meetings. Will attempt to solicit feedback on 1.5
plan and any additional requirements.
Architecture Update [DW]
- Weekly call will resume this week.
- Feature split up will proceed as proposed (little feedback received so far). Will start with
the low-hanging fruit; some of the more difficult divisions may extend beyond 1.0 release.
- Feature split up will be important to build / releng restructuring as well. Might be able to
use Buckminster's tools to view the dependency arcs.
JSF Update [RS]
- Legal process moving forward within Oracle (committer agreement, etc.)
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, September 6, 2005
- [RS] Will investigate EclipseCon presentation topics.
- [TW] Get platform dates and drive process of setting 2006 WTP milestone dates.
- [JK] Follow up with SAS and SAP w.r.t. requirements call (Th).