|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Lawrence Mandel [LM], Arthur Ryman [AR], Naci Dai
[ND], Christophe Ney [CN]
No procedural matters to report.
Community Update (LM]
- Launch page will go live this week.
- Web services screen cast will be removed; not sufficiently usable as-is.
- Other screen casts will be incrementally replaced to update them to M5, capture the correct
release numbering, and improve the illustration of current features.
- Documentation contributions still planned for 0.7. Additions will be permitted to the
documentation until late in the 0.7 release cycle.
Sun DTD licensing for Release
Licenses are now prompted for when retrieval happens, and caching is only performed once the license has
been accepted. Also discussed moving our persistent record from workspace to a more permanent (cross
workspace) spot. W3C schema redistribution has been approved by the EMO.
0.7 Release Status
- July 1st (Friday) is technically the M5 release date, but it's a national holiday in Canada.
Will attempt to wrap the build on Thursday if possible. Four "Blocking" bugs currently; will ask
community to review severity settings and pursue resolving these before declaring M5.
- md5 signing to convert an I-build to an M-build is complicated; will instead begin generating
M-build candidates that are not officially shown prior to being blessed.
- Test plans need to be published by component teams.
- New and Noteworthy must be updated prior to Thursday.
0.7 Release Review
- Reminder that the release review is next week, 7am PDT Wednesday. All PMC members should plan
to attend the telecon.
JSF Proposal Status
- Review by Arthur of the initial call reviewing the Oracle proposal.
- PMC suggests that a new component within WTP would be reasonable to contain this proposed
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, June 28, 2005
- [TW] Follow up on DTD licensing / legal issues with Mike Milinkovich
- [DV] Follup up on SVG proposal and WTP requirements (held over)