DSDP TM Conference Call, 11-November -2005
Dave Dykstal Remote System Explorer (RSE)
Victor Palau Engineering Manage for Tools at Symbian
Neil Taylor Technological architect for Tools at Symbian
· Recent News
o IBM RSE status
o CDT Conference Report
o Interest by Apogee, Inc
o Interest by Symbian
· Discussions regarding TM Design
o Reiterate on Chicago meeting
o Interfaces for CDT Remote Launch
· Toronto Meeting Feb.2006
· Next steps
Martin O. opens the call and asks attendees who had not joined the first TM call to introduce themselves (see attendee list above).
Victor Palau: Engineering Manager for Tools at Symbian (non-core-tools: not needed for building the product, but helping). Looking for TM for Symbian Devices. Want to provide a standard communication channel for Symbian (on top of Debugging).
Currently, have a set of Symbian specific solutions:
· Symbian Agent, + FTP Proxy device on the PC that makes the agent connection transparent (connection is over serial line)
· Custom FTP commands for installation + execution of programs, and restart the board
· Currently moving to Eclipse environment (Nokia is the provider of the first toolset) working in various projects including CDT, in order to make this Symbian aware.
Neil: Technology Architect
Javier Montanu One of the engineers working on TM
· 1st day, Mikhail presented the Remote Launch idea
o Got an action item to resolve what Remote Launch will look like
· Greg from LANL (Parallel Tools Project) did an impressive presentation of their tools; potential need for TM
o AI contact Greg; see what they are doing, possibility to collaborate?
Progress on Remote Launch HP has something for Remote Launch, but currently not much progress; CDT folks will be comfortable with having some TM packages for remote launch
Some Remote Java stuff could benefit from Target Management as well!
CDT put up a Wiki on eclipse.org, so thats a good place to read about some details. Currently its not a true Wiki because only Committers can add stuff, but they are trying to fix this (e.g. everyone with a Bugzilla account)
· AI add a TM page at Wiki
· What are the CDT folks using the Wiki for? Replacement for Homepage, since it is much easier to add content than adding it to the homepage (facts, howtos etc.) Discussions are still on the mailing list for now.
Follow-up on Chicago Meeting Action Items:
Website update, and CDT presentation are done. Other action items are still open.
Martin O: Explains the TM Mission statement on the Website
Victor P: Aligned with what Symbian wants to do
The mission statement is accepted as written down on the website.
Making some progress but sill some obstacles; looking better, but not quite there yet, hopefully make it till the next meeting (3 weeks)
Feb. 22-24, Toronto accepted by TM group
Meeting on TCA Nov.14 in Salzburg: Open up Phone conf., at least for a summary
Pierre-Alexandre: What can we do while still waiting for RSE to come out?
MartinO: Send scenarios; work on TM interfaces (our API to the outside should not depend on actual RSE implementation). A very rough start at a TM API is in the Chicago Brainstorming Notes, and the CDT Presentation (there is 1 slide).
DavidD: Approach ssh / team people
RSE Docs, Sample, Release
MartinO: Launch Actions Initial Design
TM API Initial Design
Contact Greg Watson (LANL, PTP)
Add a Wiki starting page for TM
Post phone dial-in info for Salzburg TCA Meeting Nov.14
TM API Initial Design
· George Clark: Approach ARM regarding Register file definitions
Everyone: Scenarios for various environments
Bring schema / example for Register Files & Boardfiles
3 Weeks: Monday, 28-Nov -2005 at 9am PST (followup 3 wk, 19-Dec-05).