Adding a runtime dependency
A runtime dependency is an existing JAR file needed by your plug-in at execution. A runtime may need to be added to a plug-in for use by :
- Model Class: A model class may have imports from several external JAR files.
- Artifact Filter: A filter class may have imports from several external JAR files.
- Velocity Context Definitions: When specifying a Velocity Context Definition in a Rule, the class may be in a JAR file that needs to be available at runtime. This allows you to access third party JARs from the template. There are many third party utilities that you may find useful, such as those from apache.
The JAR file must be in your plug-in project. Complete the following procedure to add a JAR file to your plug-in project.
To add runtime dependencies
- You can add or remove files through the Runtime tab of the Plugin Project Descriptor.
- In the "Classpath Entries" section of the Runtime tab, click Add and navigate to the required JAR file. Only JARs that are added to the list of runtime dependencies will be included when you deploy the plug-in.
© copyright 2005, 2006, 2007 Cisco Systems, Inc. - All rights reserved