The Build Service represents the execution and file manipulation services required by a builder to execute external build commands on
the target system. A builder is still required which utilizes the build service to execute the commands to perform the build.
There are two implementations of the build service supplied with RDT, in the form of Service Providers:
- The Null Build Service provider. This implementation does nothing when asked to build. It is useful if you wish to use other services
do not need to build the project.
- The RDT Remote Build Service provider. This implementation uses the PTP Remote Services API to provide build services.
Currently there are three possible sub-choices for these services:
- Local - Services are executed on the local machine.
- Remote Tools - A lightweight SSH-based implementation.
- RSE - An implementation based on the Remote Systems Explorer.