The release deliverables have the same form as is found in most Eclipse projects, namely:
- Acceleo SDK (includes runtime and tooling components, with sources, examples, and documentation) (downloadable and update site).
- Acceleo runtime binary distribution (downloadable and update site).
- Acceleo examples (downloadable and update site)
- Acceleo tests (downloadable and update site)
The Eclipse Platform is designed as the basis for internationalized products. The user interface elements provided by the Eclipse SDK components, including dialogs and error messages, are externalized. The English strings are provided as the default resource bundles. Likewise, the Acceleo project will provide English strings in its default bundles and be localized to a subset of those locales offered by the Platform. This plan will be updated to indicate which locales will be provided and the time frame for availability.
Advanced feature compliance
- Standalone Component.
- Advanced feature compliance level of the MOF Model-To-Text language.
- Keep the user code you typed manually : User tags and JMerge support.
- Complete Acceleo Runtime library.
- Java developer facilities : Java extensions and Properties files.
- Files encoding.
- MTL Syntax Documentation.
Eclipse IDE components
- 2 modes for the Eclipse Builder : The fully OMG-compliant standard mode and the EMF addict mode.
- Advanced code completion and quick fixes to create a template from an example.
- Overrides View : Show the workspace and the plugin generators to make it possible to easily override the behavior of the code generation.
- Traceability information : The Result view shows the synchronization between the code and the model.
- Export a generator as a plugin and build a generator on the Eclipse build server.
- Debug and Profile a code generation.
- Real time syntax error detection.
- IDE Documentation.
Integration with other tools
- Workflow facilities for acceleo.
- Compatibility with other Eclipse modeling projects like QVTo, ATL, JET, and Xpand.
- A wizard to migrate an Acceleo template from the 2.x versions to the 3.x versions.