Project Plan For tools.objectteams, version 2.1.0
Tentative plan for the next Object Teams releases.
The upcoming 2.1.0 release will be our contribution to the Juno simultaneous release train.
The core OTDT including OTRE and OT/Equinox packaged in three features
- Umbrella feature depending on the other two features and containing these plugins:
(plugins marked (OT) require OT/Equinox)
- org.eclipse.objectteams.jdt.ui (OT)
- org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.compiler.adaptor (OT)
- org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.debug.adaptor (OT)
- org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.pde.ui (OT)
- org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.refactoring (OT)
- org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.samples (OT)
- org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.apt (OT)
- Feature that replaces the original jdt.core with our enhanced variant
org.eclipse.jdtname space has been approved as an exception by the Eclipse PMC in a voting on January 28, 2011.
The replacing plug-in is marked by version numbers like 3.7.0.v_OTDT_r200_qualifier. This plug-in can only be installed by explicitly requesting the feature "Object Teams Patch for JDT/Core".
- Feature that adds OT/J capability to Equinox containing these plugins:
Milestones towards 2.1.0.
|M1||August 19, 2011||2.1 M1|
|M2||September 30, 2011||2.1 M3|
|M3||November 11, 2011||2.1 M3|
|M4||December 16, 2011||2.1 M4|
|M5||February 3, 2012||2.1 M5|
|M6||March 23, 2012||2.1 M6|
|M7||May 11, 2012||2.1 M7 (Feature Freeze)|
|RC1||May 25, 2012||2.1 RC1|
|RC2||June 1, 2012||2.1 RC2 (Implementation Freeze)|
|RC3||June 8, 2012||2.1 RC3 (Releng Freeze)|
|Final Release||June 27, 2012||2.1.0 Final|
- The OTDT 2.1.0 will be fully compatible with the OTDT 2.0.0.
Synchronize with the Simultaneous Release train
New byte code weaver
- Better support Equinox lazy loading of bundles in order to reduce start-up time.
- Support runtime weaving of new OT/Equinox bundles even without restarting the Equinox framework.
Bugfixes and Enhancements
- Some of the techniques applied in the OTDT implementation potentially interact with other plug-ins (JDT/Core patch, bytecode weaving). It will be tested which plug-ins might be affected and if possible undesirable interactions will be resolved.