2017 Election Key Dates
Each year, the Eclipse Foundation holds elections for board members representing two very important
groups within the Eclipse membership: the committers and the Sustaining Members (Solutions Members and
Enterprise Members). The terms of office for
these elected board members is one year, commencing April 1.
The key dates for the 2017 elections are:
- January 10, 2017: Nominations open. Nominations are to be sent as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with
the subject "Sustaining Member Nomination" or "Committer Nomination." As soon as possible after an individual
is nominated, the Foundation will contact the nominee to confirm their willingness to participate in the
election and to serve if elected.
- January 31, 2017: Nominations close. The list of nominees and their HTML pages will be available on the
eclipse.org website as soon as possible thereafter. Each nominee will be provided with an
HTML template that outlines their background and vision for Eclipse as they are nominated. If the nominee
does not have an HTML editor handy, plain text submissions for formatting by the EMO staff will be accepted
- February 3, 2017: Deadline for nominees to return their content to email@example.com.
- February 7, 2017: List of nominees made available on www.eclipse.org.
- February 8, 2017: Individual candidate pages ready for candidate review.
- February 13, 2017: Candidate personal pages made available on www.eclipse.org.
Discussion of the issues on the eclipse.foundation forum will be encouraged.
- February 21, 2017: Voting begins.
- March 10, 2017: Voting ends at 3pm Eastern time.
- March 20, 2017: New representatives announced at Eclipse Converge 2017.