The process for the Eclipse Foundation’s annual elections is described below.
- Each year, the Eclipse Foundation holds elections for board members representing two very
important groups within the Eclipse membership: the Committers and the Solutions Members.
The number of these elected representatives is a ratio of the total number of Strategic
- These elections are held pursuant to Sections 3.3 and 3.5 of the Eclipse Foundation Bylaws.
- The term of office for these elected board members is one year, commencing April 1.
- Voting for the elected board members is done using single transferrable voting.
- Each Solutions Member gets one vote.
- Each Committer Member gets one vote. Note that committers who are employees of Member
companies have all the rights and privileges (including voting) of a Committer Member.
Individual committers must join the Eclipse Foundation as Committer Members by signing the Membership Agreement in order to be allowed to vote.
- Voting is done electronically via a web interface on www.eclipse.org. Each
eligible voter is provided with the URL and a userid and password with which to vote several
days in advance of the voting.