Where can I learn more about Eclipse OpenJ9?
Follow the links to read recent articles, blog posts, and slides that contain useful information about OpenJ9.
(Note that in these articles, you'll find some references to IBM® J9 where content was published before IBM contributed the JVM to the Eclipse Foundation.)
- JavaOne 2017: Open Sourcing the IBM J9 Java Virtual Machine by Mark Stoodley and Steve Wallin
- JavaOne 2017: How to build a debuggable runtime by Tobi Ajila and Bjorn Vardal
- Measuring the strengths of OpenJDK with Eclipse OpenJ9 by Vijay Sundaresan, Marius Pirvu, and Mark Stoodley
- Measuring Java performance (or Jack starts a taxi business) by Vijay Sundaresan and Peter Hayward
- Java performance optimizations by Vijay Sundaresan, Aleksandar Micic, Dan Heidinga, and Babneet Singh
- J9: Under the hood of the next open source JVM by Dan Heidinga
- Reducing Garbage Collection pause times with Concurrent Scavenge and the Guarded Storage Facility by Irwin D'Souza
- How Concurrent Scavenge using the Guarded Storage Facility Works by Irwin D'Souza
- Are you still paying for unused memory when your Java app is idle? by Ashutosh Mehra, Parameswaran Selvam, and Dinakar Guniguntala
- Under the hood of the Testarossa JIT Compiler by Mark Stoodley
- IBM Java runtime: Release-to-release performance improvements by Vijay Sundaresan
- Class sharing by Ben Corrie
- Enhance performance with class sharing by Adam Pilkington and Graham Rawson