Each organization has their own unique reasons for joining the Eclipse Foundation. Some see it as an opportunity to network, learn and work with other organizations who are making strategic use of Open Source. Others join because of the many marketing benefits available. We invite you to explore the benefits of membership on this page to learn how your organization might benefit. If you have questions about any of these benefits, or would like to suggest some that may be missing - please email us.
Membership in the Eclipse Foundation allows organizations to leverage the resources of the community and achieve a higher return on their investment in Eclipse products and services. Eclipse members are offered a unique opportunity to understand the trends and directions of the Eclipse technology and participate in marketing programs that drive potential users to your offerings.
There are three areas to discover the many benefits of membership:
- A high level summary of benefits, by membership level, can be found here.
- The Eclipse Bylaws describe certain rights summarized here.
- The Eclipse Foundation runs a number of programs that change over time to benefit our membership. A summary of some of those programs is described in the table below.
- Strategic Members receive promotional space on various eclipse.org web pages.
- Members can participate in the members distros program.
- Links posted on Eclipse.org are heavily trafficed and well indexed. Each member is provided the opportunity to post their company information, product information and logo on their own membership page.
- News links posted on Eclipse.org are heavily trafficed and read tens of thousands of times each. The Eclipse.org web site highlights membersí news related stories in the Community section.
- Eclipse Foundation will provide press assistance and quotes for new memberís press releases and ongoing member product announcements.
- Mailing lists are a key method that the foundation uses to communicate with the membership. Please note some of the mailing lists that are available. As members, you will certainly want to sign up for the eclipse.org-member-marketing mailing list. This list will be useful not only to people marketing Eclipse based products and services, but also Engineering managers, directors and executives interested in keeping abreast of activities in the Eclipse ecosystem.
- The size and popularity of Eclipse community presents members unique promotional opportunities, ex. advertising supplements, newsletter sponsorships, etc. Some promotional activities will be limited to Strategic, Solutions and Enterprise Members depending on the context.
- Eclipse Marketplace ofers the Eclipse community a convenient, information-rich portal that helps software developers find open source and commercial Eclipse plug-ins, tools and products that enhance the entire Java software development life-cycle. Members are clearly identified on EPIC with special banner treatments and logos.