Each organization has their own unique reasons for joining the Eclipse Foundation. Some see it as an opportunity to network, learn and work with other organizations who are making strategic use of Open Source. Others join because of the many marketing benefits available. We invite you to explore the benefits of membership on this page to learn how your organization might benefit. If you have questions about any of these benefits, or would like to suggest some that may be missing - please email us.
Membership in the Eclipse Foundation allows organizations to leverage the resources of the community and achieve a higher return on their investment in Eclipse products and services. Eclipse members are offered a unique opportunity to understand the trends and directions of the Eclipse technology and participate in marketing programs that drive potential users to your offerings.
There are three areas to discover the many benefits of membership:
- A high level summary of benefits, by membership level, can be found here.
- The Eclipse Bylaws describe certain rights summarized here.
- The Eclipse Foundation runs a number of programs that change over time to benefit our membership. A summary of some of those programs is described in the table below.
- Members will automatically be subscribed to the Eclipse membership-at-large mailing list which contains consolidated information regarding the Eclipse ecosystem including notice of upcoming members meetings, project reviews, events and other important information. It represents a single feed of information to keep up with the activities of the Eclipse Foundation.
- Each quarter our members will receive access to important statistics and information about the Eclipse Ecosystem. The Executive Directors Report contains a summary of new members, foundation activities and plans, market research and other relevant stats, and a general update of the Ecosystem. (See example 2006Q3 ED Update). The project update represents a summary of Eclipse project activities including new proposals, release plans and other important project information. (See example 2005 Project Update).
- Each month our members will be emailed the Eclipse Member Newsletter, which gives a summary of important news, events and special offers pertaining to members.